Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

nice place to eat.

Options
  • 24-05-2010 11:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

i am staying in cork city near UCC with my girlfriend. i am looking for a nice place to bring her to eat near UCC as it is our anniversary while we are there. anyone got any suggestions?

Comments

Loads of places in the City if that tickles your fancy, near UCC as in Western Road, College Rd etc, you'd be struggling, there's a Chinese in Victoria Cross that is meant to be rather nice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Ciaran789

anyone been to http://www.hawthornbar.com/index.htm and can tell me what its like?

Ciaran789 wrote: »
    anyone been to http://www.hawthornbar.com/index.htm and can tell me what its like?

Was a nice spot, priced to the North of reasonable (a tad) but now no more, there is a Chinese restaurant there now, the pub still does carvery lunch but no more Lakeside restaurant.

You should really consider going into town if you want to have a nice meal to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

OP what type of food do you both like? Could help people to make suggestions more suited to your tastes.

Anything you don't like? etc

• Registered Users Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭evilivor

Ciaran789 wrote: »
    i am staying in cork city near UCC with my girlfriend. i am looking for a nice place to bring her to eat near UCC as it is our anniversary while we are there. anyone got any suggestions?

the restaurant in Hayfield Manor is nice and only across the road from UCC. Staff are nice there - or you could go to Cafe Paradiso - only a few minutes walk from the Western Road college gates. Very special food.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40 LadyLee

Its worth the taxi ride to go into town to eat- Amicus or cafe bar deli if you want something semi casual- Les Gourmandaise or the ivory tower if you want to spoil her. Somewhere in between is Soho.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,452 ✭✭✭SomeFool

Try the Brick oven near Deans hall, ate there last weekend and really enjoyed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭maglite

RoverJames wrote: »
    Chinese in Victoria Cross that is meant to be rather nice.

Closed since flooding. IMHO trip into town could be a good idea or out towards Wilton, Blue Ginger, Chinese by The Wilton, Indian out Bishopstown road.

Name your budget and cuisine...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 489 ✭✭Trashbat

I havent been home to Cork in a few months, but I used to like Harveys Bistro on Academy Street, but im not sure if its still open. They were very good if you're looking for reasonable Priced meals of good quality.

If you want to go more high end then i would try Greenes on MacCurtain Street. Little bit pricey, but thats to be expected when there isnt much competition around.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,258 ✭✭✭Fabio

LadyLee wrote: »
    Its worth the taxi ride to go into town to eat- Amicus or cafe bar deli if you want something semi casual- Les Gourmandaise or the ivory tower if you want to spoil her. Somewhere in between is Soho.

You don't even need a taxi...it'd be a nice walk to go from UCC into town.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

Bring her into Tribes on Tuckey St, its only a ten minute walk from UCC. Nice food, good service, affordable prices.

Advertisement