Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bomb Scare, Ballybricken, Waterford

• 24-05-2010 11:37pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭

Just had the police around making all the residents in my area aware that a hand grenade has been found in a house a few doors down, and that the bomb squad are on route.

We are awaiting to see if an evacuation order is to be announced.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Limerick gangs on holiday?

Or is it some WW2 relic bough off e-bay with the pin still in it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

What the sh!t?Surprised ive havn't heard commotion

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭johndoe99

its the Newport Square area

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

Suspected bomb was found around that area, gardai have evacuated some houses. Details are a bit sketchy at the moment to weather its a fake bomb.

well its over now, the gardai told us we could return to our homes (we were evacuated earlier), a house is still cordoned off and theres a strong police force and bomb squad trailer.

I got no confirmation off the guard, probably hear about it on radio tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭jo06555

johndoe99 wrote: »
    well its over now, the gardai told us we could return to our homes (we were evacuated earlier), a house is still cordoned off and theres a strong police force and bomb squad trailer.

I got no confirmation off the guard, probably hear about it on radio tomorrow.

I heard about this last night and when passing this morning i seein the new houses in newport sq cordoned off with cop standing outside , i was told and know who its aimed at and lets just say it seems to be another little feud that has grown in recent weeks , does anyone know if the grenade was definately found , i was only told the person in house got text saying their is a grenade under car outside , if their actually was a grenade its very worrying as im sure their are kids in that house too.:(

very surprised it has not bein on wlr this morning..

I'm not.

mike65 wrote: »
    I'm not.

Why? if their was a bomb scare in dublin the whole country would know , i think people in that area deserve to know if their actually was a grenade found or not.....

WLR have a habit of not reporting feuding types.

WLR have a habit of not reporting feuding types.

Ye it seems they did not even know about it i just heard a text billy read out asking about it , billy said he would check it out . local radio at its best :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 49 Popquiz_hotshot

There should be some form of media outlet for the people of the town to know what is going on considering alot of stuff is not reported. An e-mail alert once a week would be a good idea. Its just getting the info for it.....:confused:

jo06555 wrote: »
    i was told and know who its aimed at and lets just say it seems to be another little feud that has grown in recent weeks

i know all about that too.

I asked the Sgt. last night was there a hand grenade, and he just said he could not comment on that.

I see and hear about these bomb scares all the time on the news and in the papers, but when its that close to home it really makes you think.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Topic already being discussed there Mikey, so I merged the two together!

Topic Merged

johndoe99 wrote: »
    i know all about that too.

I asked the Sgt. last night was there a hand grenade, and he just said he could not comment on that.

I see and hear about these bomb scares all the time on the news and in the papers, but when its that close to home it really makes you think.

IT was just headline on wlr now at 11 news maybe they will say more on billy mc carthy ,i think they said suspicious device was found .

http://www.wlrfm.ie/tabId/269/itemId/1623/Newport-Square-evacuated-after-bomb-scare.aspx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭dayshah

Ye it seems they did not even know about it i just heard a text billy read out asking about it , billy said he would check it out . local radio at its best :rolleyes:

Frequently news is reported in the national media but not on WLR. Given we have 3 local newspapers, and 2 radio stations, based in the city you would think they would pick up on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭ex_infantry man

a grenade only has a blast radius of 100m why on earth would they evacute a whole street for it is beyond me!!!!!

a grenade only has a blast radius of 100m why on earth would they evacute a whole street for it is beyond me!!!!!

true, but what if a piece of shrapnel went through a window, or if a person went out of there home.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

There should be some form of media outlet for the people of the town to know what is going on considering alot of stuff is not reported. An e-mail alert once a week would be a good idea. Its just getting the info for it.....:confused:

Or, you know, some form of open area where people can create discussions and leave feedback and talk about the events of the day.

Someone should really set that up.

:)

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Typhoon.

Boards always has the local gos first :D

DeVore wrote: »
    Or, you know, some form of open area where people can create discussions and leave feedback and talk about the events of the day.

Someone should really set that up.

:)

DeV.
    Now what kinda nutball would try something as silly as that? :pac:

• Advertisement

"Boards.ie, first with the news", or taking a leaf out of Sky News (and bearing in mind some of the stuff thats gets reported as news here) - Boards.ie Never Wrong For Long

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,604 ✭✭✭deisemum

Typhoon. wrote: »
    Boards always has the local gos first :D

That's for sure, it's the first place I check for local news. :D

Wlr covered this on billy mc carthy show this morning , aparently the house targeted was the wrong one and the woman and 6 yr old child are afraid to go back in case its wrongly targeted again , they said their was a bomb scare on sunday night too :confused: This just means the people involved will go next door or 2 doors up next time where the real target could be.

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭Yes Boss

Wlr covered this on billy mc carthy show this morning , aparently the house targeted was the wrong one and the woman and 6 yr old child are afraid to go back in case its wrongly targeted again , they said their was a bomb scare on sunday night too :confused: This just means the people involved will go next door or 2 doors up next time where the real target could be.

Are the Garda aware of who is involved in this feud? If so, how are they allowed to continue in this manner?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭gscully

"Boards.ie, first with the news", or taking a leaf out of Sky News (and bearing in mind some of the stuff thats gets reported as news here) - Boards.ie Never Wrong For Long

Good idea. Can we get a big yellow 'Breaking News' ticker along the bottom?

gscully wrote: »
    Good idea. Can we get a big yellow 'Breaking News' ticker along the bottom?
    And Rupert Murdoch? :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭gscully

And Rupert Murdoch? :eek:

Steady now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭JohnC.

Maybe in case of secondary explosions or a fire?

Yes Boss wrote: »
    Are the Garda aware of who is involved in this feud? If so, how are they allowed to continue in this manner?

Im sure they know all about it but catching them in the act is harder than they taught i suppose . Just look at traveller feud it continued for good while with no one really paying a price only for mr stokes who died , lets hope this does not end the same way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 935 ✭✭✭giles lynchwood

Knackers or druggies :mad:

Advertisement