Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

renault clio car key

• 24-05-2010 11:38pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭

the key doesnt work the cental locking in my car it never has since i bought it 2nd hand. tried replacing the battery but that didnt work. now sometimes the car doesnt start the immobilizer is acting up, it starts after a few turns. i watch the light on the dash as to know when to turn the key. just tonight i had the key in my hand and i shook it and it sounds like there's somethin loose in side(the battery isnt loose).

do i need a new key?
    how much?
    where?
    can i get the key fixed?
    is there any other possible fixes for this?

i'm based in waterford if there is a cheap fix in my area.....its really doin my head in please HELP!!!!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 980 ✭✭✭macroman

New key from Renault is €220.

Try this:

1. Turn Ignition OFF.
    2. Press the central door locking button for more than 5 seconds. Note :
    the door should lock then unlock.
    3. When this happens, 10 seconds is allowed and the immobiliser warning
    light illuminates.
    4. Point the 1st key at the receiver and press the button twice, the doors
    should lock and unlock. Repeat for other remotes as required.
    5. Check the remote control unlocks and locks the doors.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭larchielads

macroman wrote: »
    New key from Renault is €220.

Try this:

1. Turn Ignition OFF.
    2. Press the central door locking button for more than 5 seconds. Note :
    the door should lock then unlock.
    3. When this happens, 10 seconds is allowed and the immobiliser warning
    light illuminates.
    4. Point the 1st key at the receiver and press the button twice, the doors
    should lock and unlock. Repeat for other remotes as required.
    5. Check the remote control unlocks and locks the doors.
    will try this but where's the receiver?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭johnayo

will try this but where's the receiver?
    What year is the clio? After 1998 it will have a chip.
    The receiver is on the roof by the interior light.
    There is a guy in Watergrasshill Co.Cork reckons he can rebuild the electronic side of most keys. Not sure if he can do anything with microchip. I can get his details for you if you need them. HTH.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭larchielads

johnayo wrote: »
    What year is the clio? After 1998 it will have a chip.
    The receiver is on the roof by the interior light.
    There is a guy in Watergrasshill Co.Cork reckons he can rebuild the electronic side of most keys. Not sure if he can do anything with microchip. I can get his details for you if you need them. HTH.
    its a 02 clio. the light in the key doesnt work at all i've tried the instructions previously posted no luck with that. yeah he'd be worth ringing to see what the story is and i wouldnt mind a spin to cork to save me a couple of hundred quid. i'll pm you.

Advertisement