Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

car keys

• 24-05-2010 11:46pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭

anyone know where i met get a renault clio car key fixed/replaced without goin to the main dealer. its doin my head in the last while tryin to start the car as the immobilzer works when it feels like it. i've posted in the motors forum also so please mods dont lock /move thread as any help i get to save a few quid would help me financially too. please help thanks all.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Your problem is with the immobliser, not the keys by the sound of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 869 ✭✭✭honeybadger

i know it sounds obivious did you try replacing the battery in the key yet larchie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭larchielads

mike65 wrote: »
    Your problem is with the immobliser, not the keys by the sound of it.
    how do i go about sortin out the immobilizer?

i know it sounds obivious did you try replacing the battery in the key yet larchie
    that was the 1st thing i did,thanks for suggestion though.

• Advertisement

mike65 wrote: »
    thanks to your link mike65 duggan garage sorted out the key for me within 45 mins today. key works fine now(cental locking) hopefully it sorts the immobilizer problem i have too. car has started 1st time since key was fixed. fingers crossed there's no more hassle your man fixed the key for 20 quid better than a new one for 200 quid from renault.

so thanks again mike65.

No worries, its why boards exists (that and wasting time!)

Advertisement