Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Returning speakers??

Options
  • 24-05-2010 11:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭

Hi,

What is the situation with returning a set of computer speakers. I paid 150euro, brought them home and they sound crap. There not faulty just very poor. I have all the packaging and receipt and only have them 2 days...

How should i play this?????

Thanks..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

They have no reason to take them back, when you have already said they are not faulty.

But, if you ask them nicely, they may exchange them for you, or give you a credit note for the store.

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭ClutchIt

Ya, just try pick something else out in the shop and ask nicely if you could exchange it for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Maybe the fact that they sound very poor means that they are faulty.

I would go to the shop and say that the sound quality is very poor, and not as you expected. See what the shop offers.

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Antigone05

did you try them out in the store before you bought them?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

Have you tried different sources of audio to check?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭Phoenix3

What speakers are they?Knowing might help give a more informative reply to your query.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Jev/N wrote: »
    Have you tried different sources of audio to check?
    Yes, some sound cards will have both a line out and headphone jack and it can be very different depending on which it is in. My fathers had a splitter with a skype headset which made the sound terrible. Also their could be sound settings on your PC software. PC speakers should be usable on a mp3 player.

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭Bassboxxx

Paulw wrote: »
    They have no reason to take them back, when you have already said they are not faulty.

But, if you ask them nicely, they may exchange them for you, or give you a credit note for the store.

Thanks for the advice people, I went with the ask nicely approach and it worked.
    I got an exchange...cost me an extra 120euro but happy now.
    off point I know but I went form
    http://sg.creative.com/products/product.asp?category=4&subcategory=789&product=18021

To
    http://www.bose.com/controller?url=/shop_online/digital_music_systems/computer_speakers/companion_3/index.jsp

Mental amount of money to spend on computer speakers. Every set of PC speakers I've owned has not lasted past 12 months without developing some sort of problem.

I currently just use regular surround system wired to my PC.

Anyway, glad you got sorted OP. Usually that kinda thing isn't a problem. I remember I bought a pair of headphones in Argos before, tried them out and ended up returning them an hour or so later. My reason being that they didn't sound as good as other headphones they stocked that were cheaper.

Didn't seem to care; they gave me a full refund.

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭Bassboxxx

I know, but a refund wasn't on the cards and a credit note wasn't much use to me.
    The other option of exchanging for other speakers didn't appeal to me as I wasn't impressed by the others.

I probably could've went for a regular system and used that.

On the other hand they do sound great and they have a 2 year warranty.

It was one of those situations I get myself into where I spend more money in an attempt to save it!!!!:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,992 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

Anyway, glad you got sorted OP. Usually that kinda thing isn't a problem. I remember I bought a pair of headphones in Argos before, tried them out and ended up returning them an hour or so later. My reason being that they didn't sound as good as other headphones they stocked that were cheaper.

Didn't seem to care; they gave me a full refund.

Argos have a 16 day no quibble exchange/refund on most products. The usually have a little * beside any item that's excluded.

Advertisement