Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Land Reserved \ Preserved ?

Options
  • 25-05-2010 12:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭

This may be a stupid question but I'm not that long in Ireland and regularly see signs up on posts at the side of the road or on gates into fields which say "Land Reserved - No Shooting" or "Land Preserved - No Shooting", what exactly does this mean ? Is it reserved \ preserved for a private club, is it a state body that has preserved this land so as to keep the wild life safe, or is it just the land owner that simply doesnt want anyone shooting on the land ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭pajero2005

vixdname wrote: »
    This may be a stupid question but I'm not that long in Ireland and regularly see signs up on posts at the side of the road or on gates into fields which say "Land Reserved - No Shooting" or "Land Preserved - No Shooting", what exactly does this mean ? Is it reserved \ preserved for a private club, is it a state body that has preserved this land so as to keep the wild life safe, or is it just the land owner that simply doesnt want anyone shooting on the land ?

My understanding is its land that local clubs have sole permission to shoot on.

I'm open to correction on this??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 211 ✭✭pat58

My understanding but i could be wrong is that it would be club land , farmers set aside . or just private land

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭Tackleberrywho

vixdname wrote: »

No shooting means just that. Some farmers do not want shooters with dogs on their lands or trespassers.
    Land preserved, usualy meand a gun club sets aside a patch of ground as a safe zone for birds. No gun club member can shoot inside the exclusion zone.

most Gun clubs do not own any land as such, although their members may own land.
    If you ask the farmer who owns the land, and he gives you permission to shoot; the signs then mean nothing. If he says no, or you don't ask and just go ahead you are poaching under Irish law.

Most farmers don't pay much heed to gunclubs these days, so always check with landowner, I Qualify this statement with the fact that a gun club in my area issues maps every year to members with my fathers land on iy even though they never asked for permission.

We have no unauthorised admission signs on the farm, for insurance4 reasons to do with public liability. These signs are under the occupiers liability act.

Anybody can enter our land with permission.
    I have several written permissions to shoot on land that there is no shooting/trespass signs on.
    The farmer has these signs up as fellas were dropping empty cartridges an leaving gates open, so he got sick of them and put a stop to it.
    I can shoot it as he is a friend of mine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,108 ✭✭✭pedroeibar1

Here is a sign that should explain it all!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭marlin vs

Here is a sign that should explain it all!
    Haa haa, a classic. Maybe we should put up a tread for the different signs we come across.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭Tackleberrywho

marlin vs wrote: »
    Haa haa, a classic. Maybe we should put up a tread for the different signs we come across.

There is a scrap yard i know of that had a sign, remains of trespassers will be prosecuted, they had 2 rotweillers tied to the axle of a mini that they used to drag around the yard, fiersesome dogs they were

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭Spannerman7

On my wall
    To the point I think :D I cut it from 2mm steel
    Bewareofdog.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭jap gt

this one really sums it up

25ahsao.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭4gun

cant say where for certin reasons but a sign up in a kerry gun shop says

BEWARE
    These premises are protected by a 9mm security system

• Registered Users Posts: 15,025 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

xrg061.gif

Says it all.

other was. BEWARE of the SHOTGUN

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Advertisement
Advertisement