Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

RIP David Hourigan

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭sy

Thats shocking news. Had heard the radio this evening re irishman found dead in hotel in Thailand but didn't realise it was David Hourigan. Very sad end to a very talented cyclist RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭garminguy

very sad to hear this news.
    he was someone i aspired to when i was growing up in limerick back in the day.
    he had his problems with doping and never seemed to get back on the rght track again.
    not many of limericks finest athletes come from moyross, but he was a bright light in a dark place.
    r.i.p

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,668 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

First Irish rider to win the Manx GP as far as I know.
    Class rider an no-one at 38 should end up like that.
    RIP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,218 ✭✭✭Junior

May he rest in peace the chap, my thoughts are with his family and friends.

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Muller_1

Remember seeing him ride in the Isle of Maan think it was 1987 when he was a junior! RIP

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45 SMacX

I had the privelge of racing against him, or should I say behind him many moons ago. I am sorry to hear of his passing and my deepest sympathy to his family.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭ROK ON

Very sad. If it is the same man then I knew his brother when I was younger and living in Limerick.
    RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 3 raymurf

as a young aspiring cyclist david was a hero of mine, watching a moyross limerick man riding up at the front with armstrong, roche and kelly was inspiring. i had the privillage of knowing david in the last few years and believe that he was a good man, but heavily beset by the difficulties of this so called modern world.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 mr truth

d

• Registered Users Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭Slideshowbob

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,932 ✭✭✭hinault

It was shocking news : I remember Hourigan.
    He was part of a generation of strong Irish cyclists like Michael Fitzgerald from Clonmel, Eamonn Byrne from Dublin who were the next generation.

David was a very strong rider.

Sad to learn of his passing.

Far too young.

RIP.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055925313

Advertisement