Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TE stick HELP!

Options
  • 25-05-2010 1:23am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Hi all,

Need help with TE stick parts

Want to get my boyfriend some parts for his TE stick

I know he wants sanwa.
    OBSF30s x 8 yes?
    but what stick do i need?

Only new here , sorry if its in wrong section.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you:)
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

The TE already comes with OBSFs and a Sanwa JLF, is his stick broken or something? You sure it's not an SE?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

As Dreddy said the TE comes with the sanwa buttons and stick as standard. The only reason he would need new ones is if something was broken or he wanted to change the colour.

Just to make sure here is pics of the two sticks. Which does he have?

51PrQDqqHaL._AA300_.jpg

41Hc2-YUzRL._AA300_.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 CloseUp

Dreddybajs wrote: »
    The TE already comes with OBSFs and a Sanwa JLF, is his stick broken or something? You sure it's not an SE?

Hey Dreddy,

Defo TE I bought over a year ago , FA buttons not as responsive,stick seems fine, just want to colour code the stick to the new buttons. Just don't know what type of stick I need to get..

Thanks for quick response , any suggestions where to order?

CHEERS again!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

The stick in the TE is a Sanwa JLF, so that's the one to get to keep it the same.

As for ordering I like arcadeshop.de

Others prefer http://www.akihabarashop.jp/ but that can take longer for the parts to arrive I believe.

Orim wrote: »
    As Dreddy said the TE comes with the sanwa buttons and stick as standard. The only reason he would need new ones is if something was broken or he wanted to change the colour.

Just to make sure here is pics of the two sticks. Which does he have?

51PrQDqqHaL._AA300_.jpg

41Hc2-YUzRL._AA300_.jpg

TThanks for the reply Orim , I know its a TE I bought it for him , its just , (as i was saying) the FA buttons aren't as responsive and he wanted to change colour , so I want to match everything up..

Will any JLF work cos I see on site JLF SK SW S etc.. so wanted to know exact model ya know?

Sorry if this is dumb but I know the basics minus the stick , so thank you for info guys !!

• Advertisement

If the stick still works fine, you can just buy a different colour balltop for it, unscrew the one currently on the stick, and replace it.

Dreddybajs wrote: »
    If the stick still works fine, you can just buy a different colour balltop for it, unscrew the one currently on the stick, and replace it.

Sorry think I'm not explaining proper, heard stick is giving a few issues ( sorry didn't mention before ) , thank you for giving a cheaper option , but looking to replace stick as well , hence the thread..
    Orim suggested a jlf , know TE sticks are jlf , but will any one work ? they seem to have a lot of letters afterwards , SK, SW, S etc , will anyone work? if so whats best? any suggestions where to order from , anywhere in EU good ? sorry for being dumb lol :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

Hi, welcome to the forums.

Okay so your aware now that you can just get a ball top, instead of an entire new stick yet you still want to buy a new stick anyway?

Fair enough, just as these things don't normally break so easily.

But if your hell bent on getting him a new stick and buttons anyway I'll help you with what I can. I bought a sanwa stick and sanwa buttons a while back there for my SE so I can let you know what I did anyway.

I ordered from this site : http://www.etokki.com/

Which is actually Korean but I got all my parts in exactly a week.

The sanwa sticks on there are all the same just different colour ball tops http://www.etokki.com/ArcadeJoysticks

Its the same stick thats in his TE at the moment. However:

They don't come with a mounting plate. Not a big deal as you can just use the mounting plate that his current sanwa stick is using.

The sanwa buttons on that site are the ones that fit his TE also.

The reason you see different letters in the names of the sanwa JLF sticks at the end are due to them coming with different stuff such as a mounting plate... or not.

Anyway good luck , ask away if you have any more questions.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

Stick used in stock TE is a Sanwa JLF-TP-8Y-SK

http://www.gremlinsolutions.co.uk/products/JLF-TP-8Y-SK.htm

If like you said the stick is becoming irresponsive/faulty and you want to replace it this is the same identical stick used in a TE

As for the buttons, like said before the TE uses Sanwa OBSF-30 buttons

http://www.gremlinsolutions.co.uk/products/sanwapushbuttons.htm

You can choose your colour on that page and they also do mix and match colour buttons if you want to utilize two colours at once, like this

obsf-30-mnmbig.jpg

As far as the letters go, there are 4 types of Sanwa JLF. The letters correspond to the type of mounting they use (not important in this case if you wish to replace with identical parts) and whether or not they use shaft covers

So, in English, if you wish to replace the buttons and stick with identical parts, you would need a Sanwa JLF-TP-8Y-SK and OBSF-30 buttons

Hope this helps :)

Also, if the stick AND the buttons seem to be failing, I'd start thinking that it's maybe a problem with the PCB or wiring, not the parts (they're pretty resilient - made to be used all day in arcades).

• Advertisement

CloseUp, could you maybe elaborate on what issues the stick has, the more info we have the better :)

Yeah good points there, again these parts are built to last so it may well be something else that's wrong.

Your saying the focus attack buttons are not as responsive, as in medium punch and medium kick?

Can you go into more detail about what's wrong with the stick itself?

I mean all this would make perfect sense if it was an SE he was using, ie the white smaller one but a TE.... its more likley to be the PCB ( the circuit board ) than the actual sanwa parts themselves.

I suppose your looking at getting this stuff for him as a birthday present or something so your trying to keep all this on the down low thus can't ask him specific questions and stuff? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

Well parts can wear out... even sanwa holy grail super turbo otaku editions.

Also who here had their missus buy em a stick a year ago hmmmm ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

HAHA! My ladyfriend bought me a stick, but it's a Hori, not a Madcatz!

I was talking to animaX about modding it in fact! Still going strong, but I hear the buttons invariably go at some stage.

Indeed but its not like TE's have been going for years

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

The buttons in my TE felt like crap after a years use

Buttons need replacing if you want to keep the feel of them (once a year is fair).

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

You can buy microswitches (SW-68) for €1 each instead of €2 per button, if you don't mind the extra 5mins work.

Advertisement