Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CZ .270

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭jwshooter

SD308 wrote: »
    My bad. I was only pandering to JW's Sako fetish.;)

A i have a t3 also .

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭SD308

jwshooter wrote: »
    A i have a t3 also .

I'll get me coat.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭Jonty

have a t3 tactical and 75 varmint myself

jwshooter wrote: »
    A i have a t3 also .
    Jonty wrote: »
    have a t3 tactical and 75 varmint myself

Sounds like the two of you have a nice collection there.
    I'm looking forward to getting my hands on the T3 Tac. The only concern I have with them is the lack of integral recoil lug, but by all acounts they shoot very well so it doesn't seem to mater.

Stephen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭poulo6.5

Sounds like the two of you have a nice collection there.
    I'm looking forward to getting my hands on the T3 Tac. The only concern I have with them is the lack of integral recoil lug, but by all acounts they shoot very well so it doesn't seem to mater.

Stephen.

they do have a recoul lug. ;)
    and yes they do shoot very well.
    i'm thinking about moving to vagus and getting married to my one:p

• Advertisement

poulo6.5 wrote: »
    they do have a recoul lug. ;)
    and yes they do shoot very well.
    i'm thinking about moving to vagus and getting married to my one:p

Is it not a seperate lug that slots into the bottom of the action? I had T3 lite and it was like this. It had a bit of play between the lug and the slot.

Is it not a seperate lug that slots into the bottom of the action? I had T3 lite and it was like this. It had a bit of play between the lug and the slot.

yes you are correct . however there is no play in the stock i have. the action fits very tight into the stock. mine is the tactical so i cant speak for t3 lite

yes you are correct . however there is no play in the stock i have. the action fits very tight into the stock. mine is the tactical so i cant speak for t3 lite

Maybe the Tac is built to a higher standard. Anyway they seem to shoot very well so it obviously doesn't matter.

mine is the tactical

I thought you swapped the Tikka for a Steyr?

I thought you swapped the Tikka for a Steyr?

your half right there.
    i swapped my steyr prohunter 6.5x55 for a steyr tactical elite .308. i still have my tikka tac that i love very much. sorry i might have said that once or twice :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭patsat

Just a pic of the scope in action! The farthest I have ranged with it was 812 yards and it says on the box it will range up to 800 so I can't complain with that!
    photo0285k.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭Tackleberrywho

patsat wrote: »
    Just a pic of the scope in action! The farthest I have ranged with it was 812 yards and it says on the box it will range up to 800 so I can't complain with that!
    photo0285k.jpg

Good pic, I find it a bit*h to get a good pic with a camera phone.
    The .270 is serving you well.

photo0285k.jpg

thats a nice clear pic threw the scope. it seams to be doing the job for you alright.
    its a real bonus having the built in range finder on i'd say ;)

thats a nice clear pic threw the scope. it seams to be doing the job for you alright.
    its a real bonus having the built in range finder on i'd say ;)

All it takes is a steady hand which a shooter should have ne way!

Ya its very handy it keeps down the amount of things you have to bring with you!

All it takes is a steady hand which a shooter should have ne way!

Ya its very handy it keeps down the amount of things you have to bring with you!

have you worked out your drops yet. would i be right in saying you get a selection of turret covers with different increments on depending the round/rifle you use.
    that would be an ideal set up for long range vermin shooting. or more importantly deer out in the open:D

have you worked out your drops yet. would i be right in saying you get a selection of turret covers with different increments on depending the round/rifle you use.
    that would be an ideal set up for long range vermin shooting. or more importantly deer out in the open:D

Yep I got a few different turrets (seven I think) and a blank one which is what i'm using! Basically you just zero the gun at all the different ranges you wish and mark it on the turret. I could use one of the preset ones but I wanted to get it exact!plus there is more fun doing it yourself!:D

Will be ideal for deer as where I hunt the deer don't see me before I take the shot mostly!

If they made one with higher mag it would be deadly for long range varmint!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭Tackleberrywho

Yep I got a few different turrets (seven I think) and a blank one which is what i'm using! Basically you just zero the gun at all the different ranges you wish and mark it on the turret. I could use one of the preset ones but I wanted to get it exact!plus there is more fun doing it yourself!:D

Will be ideal for deer as where I hunt the deer don't see me before I take the shot mostly!

If they made one with higher mag it would be deadly for long range varmint!

I agree, the low mag would turn me off.

It will be interesting to see if another maker markets one.
    Have you got any update on the cheek riser for your readers :D:D

Advertisement