Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Should I buy this?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,547 ✭✭✭Purple Lemons

It's a heap of crap to be honest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭i.need.a.job

a horrible piece a crap

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭brendansmith

Yeah its ugly alright but are masdas any good?

How do you mean?

Yeah its ugly alright but are masdas any good?

They were actually a fine bus, the mileage isn't too high at 180 000 ish km, I would have thought that $2000 would get you a lot more car over your way though to be honest.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Max_Damage

Because it's old is it? :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

Max_Damage wrote: »
    Because it's old is it? :rolleyes:

From his insightful contribution that seems to be it.

They were a great yoke in their day. Just do the usual checks and it should be fine. Seen one of those with almost 300k miles on it

EPM wrote: »
    From his insightful contribution that seems to be it.

lol

Purple Lemons is a lady chaps, a very nice young lady at that :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 528 ✭✭✭dirtydiesel

Its a fine car that looks to of been well cared for, go for it. For those boardsies that dont know much about the country that car is in, most cars there are older than what we drive but are in much better condition and dont suffer from the serious rust issues a similar car in Ireland would.
    Good climate, good roads etc.

What about this one? http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/Cars/Mitsubishi/auction-292569456.htm

Im very close to getting it instead

What process should I follow? Never bought a car private sale before. For that price should I just lash ahead?

• Advertisement

I'd go for the Mazda to be honest. If you don't want to get it checked out by a mechanic a good test drive is essential, check for blue smoke on start up, tell them to have the engine cold for you when you arrange to view it. View at their house, suss them out, if they appear decent and the car seems fine it more than likely is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,478 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

they're not a bad car. very few of them were sold here, and they're very reliable. can't see why you would't buy it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Leonard Hofstadter

Its a fine car that looks to of been well cared for, go for it. For those boardsies that dont know much about the country that car is in, most cars there are older than what we drive but are in much better condition and dont suffer from the serious rust issues a similar car in Ireland would.
    Good climate, good roads etc.

I've always thought that about Ireland, we never bother maintaining cars and then wonder why they give trouble:rolleyes:.

If you go to just about any other European country, you will see much older cars there still going strong.

As they are all made in the same factory by the same people the only reason cars here have a shorter lifespan is because of under maintenance and most importantly vanity, you only have to look at the amount of poverty spec 316is around and BMW even made a 316i specially for Ireland because of our stupidity.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,478 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

BMW even made a 316i specially for Ireland because of our stupidity.

E36?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,522 ✭✭✭neilthefunkeone

Yeah get the Astina... I had a 323f up until last year.. loved the car unfortunately the clutch went on it.. Should have kept it and stuck a new one in it but i was silly..

Very easy cars to work with i fixed loads of things on mine and im not exactly great with cars!!!

And the best thing.. POP UP LIGHTS!!!

13631_205771067712_735362712_3152794_4447900_n.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Leonard Hofstadter

colm_mcm wrote: »
    E36?

The current one, whatever one that is called.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 528 ✭✭✭dirtydiesel

I've always thought that about Ireland, we never bother maintaining cars and then wonder why they give trouble:rolleyes:.

If you go to just about any other European country, you will see much older cars there still going strong.

As they are all made in the same factory by the same people the only reason cars here have a shorter lifespan is because of under maintenance and most importantly vanity, you only have to look at the amount of poverty spec 316is around and BMW even made a 316i specially for Ireland because of our stupidity.
    Most people here choose the year and then the car if you get my drift. I choose the car and the year isnt an issue for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Buster_Gonnads

I wouldn't say its all to do with vanity. The high tax we are charged here means that a lot of people look at a 1995 car and think, hell if i'm paying 600 - 800 euro tax on a car worth 1k I may as well go for a newer/better car and pay (more often due o lower emissions) less tax. You get a newer car and it doesn't cost much more in the long run!

It costs so much here to keep a piece of c**p on the road, it's just not worth it!

Oh, OP the 1st car looks decent, but i love the look of those older cars anyway, good luck with it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 332 ✭✭freighter

It's a heap of crap to be honest.[/QU

Ive seen worse heaps of crap floating around mahon;)

Yeah gonna go check out that Masda tomorrow hopefully and then buy it on Saturday if theres no blue smoke and it drives nice.

Hopefully no one gets in there before me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

The current one, whatever one that is called.

I thought they gave up on the 316i a year or two back?

You get a newer car and it doesn't cost much more in the long run!

Yeah, saving €500 / annum on roadtax makes up for all the depreciation, not to mind the boning you get when you initially buy the 08 or later car.

Advertisement