Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

sig to big

Options
  • 25-05-2010 4:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭

Ummm ive had the same sig for id say about half a year now and all of a suden Im getting the sig to big thing? All it was, was my xbox live gamercard!? Why change it now?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Hey Joe.

It wasn't me who dumped your sig (I actually have images off by default so I only notice the text ones) but I'm assuming it was outside the permitted dimensions and file sizes. As for why only now as you ask, it's quite possible that it's been there for a while and it's only now that an admin noticed. Unfortunately, at the moment, there's no automatic way to detect and edit sigs that are too big so they're all basically checked manually. Which is a bit of a pain for both admins and members as it'd be easier on the members if they could be sure that a sig they popped in was within the rules if the system accepted it. We end up relying on people to keep the size of their sigs within the rules themselves when they add them so they don't have to be edited later.

I've linked above to the current sigrules (whoever edited your sig also included it in the edit as you can see) so I suggest keeping it to within that size. Most of the gamer tags are also available (I'm told) in dimensions that are permitted by the boards rules so have a go at that. As it happens, big pic sigs all over the place is the main reason I have images turned off but that's my personal choice I guess. It's easy to see how large an image is by right-clicking on it and clicking properties.

Advertisement