Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Muller Centre For Shooting.

Options
  • 25-05-2010 6:41am
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Or whatever the hell it translates as. Trust the Germans to take something to an extreme.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nyq90LEZe4k

Although I'm not convinced by the concept of indoor clay pigeon, I can't argue against the shop.

NTM

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭fish slapped

Wow,

I really like the wild boar on with the break down of each shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭sfakiaman

You found a great place for your R&R. Thanks for showing us what is possible in the free world.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭Rovi

Woah! Fantastic looking concept.

Thanks for finding it and bringing it to our attention

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,108 ✭✭✭pedroeibar1

That is a mock-up of what DAA is going to do with Hanger 6 and why Ryanair cannot have it!:D

Their website is here http://www.mszu.de/
    and directions here http://www.mszu.de/seite/9/anfahrt
    P.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭Tackleberrywho

Rovi wrote: »
    Woah! Fantastic looking concept.

Thanks for finding it and bringing it to our attention

I have used a DIRT range before
    Digital Indoor Range Theater very similar concept recoil was supplied by air instead of live rounds, are them boys firing blanks and an infa red beam?
    The pellets would play havoc on that ceiling

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,319 ✭✭✭Half-cocked

A lot of European clay shooters aren't happy with this indoor range because the authorities could point to it as 'best practice' as the lead and broken clays can be easily retrieved and recycled, also noise pollution is contained within the structure. The next logical step for the bureacrats is to close down every outdoor range as not conforming to 'best practice'. Can you imagine if there was an EU directive on this? We wouldn't have a clay shooting grounds left in the country:( I've heard a few German shooters voice their concerns that this is already attracting the interest of some of the German regional governments.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭sharky0922

thats impressive..Germans one step ahead.
    now i wonder how expensive is this to build and run?
    that would be nice to shoot no matter what in the winter.. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭Darr

looks rather cold and clinical to me, I for one don’t like indoor at all at all much prefer my outdoor pursuit to be outdoors :) , plus no wind or rain to impact your shooting , may as well be on the play station ..( now Im not saying its not a great set up Im sure it is , just dont like the look of it personally)
    Dar

• Registered Users Posts: 15,025 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

A lot of European clay shooters aren't happy with this indoor range because the authorities could point to it as 'best practice' as the lead and broken clays can be easily retrieved and recycled, also noise pollution is contained within the structure. The next logical step for the bureacrats is to close down every outdoor range as not conforming to 'best practice'. Can you imagine if there was an EU directive on this? We wouldn't have a clay shooting grounds left in the country:( I've heard a few German shooters voice their concerns that this is already attracting the interest of some of the German regional governments.

TBH,the amount of paperwork,and red tape to set up a outdoor shooting range in Germany is enormus.Noise pollution,enviromental impacts etc is taking its toll already.Some ranges now are like amphitheaters where the berms must be removed and filterd every 10 years of lead deposits.So it is possibly the future and in the long run cheaper alternative somthing like those indoor ranges.I'm not in favour of them either,as the fact that natural variables,like sudden gusts of wind,etc that can influence a clay are no more.Honestly It proably is on the cards,as there are God knows how much indoor sports now?But I think it will be our grandkids worry. Not to mind shooting at a German clay range is expensive.You are better off going down to the Yanks army bases,and their Rod&Gun clubs.[If they are any left that is!:(].Any of the lads will sign you on at the base enterance ,so long as you are not wearing a waistcoat with wires sticking out of it.It is US army property,so expect rough and ready facilities,non painted clay towers,Mountains of broken clays.BUT very cheap shooting and US ammo prices.And no one cared less if you were using a double barrel or a high capacity pump action or semi auto either..:D$40 Dollars saw you right for a day of clays and ammo.:D:D.No wonder all the Germans were there.

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,108 ✭✭✭pedroeibar1

Grizzly 45 wrote: »
    ... the fact that natural variables,like sudden gusts of wind,etc that can influence a clay are no more.

Open one of the side-doors, they all have "ausfahrt" on them!;)

It's not a cheap place ......
    The boar or hare is euro 12 per ¼ hour or 40 per hour.
    The 300m range is euro 10 and 36 as above.

Daily fee for skeet/trap is €8
    plus
    15 round trap/skeet @ €7.50
    or
    25 round for €10.00

P.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭wanrek

Looks good.

Advertisement