Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

That "Institute". What is it really?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

I like pepperoni and pineapple - does this qualify as one of my 5 a day??

The poor pepperoni. If you live in America pizza counts as one of your five day anyways as its a vegetable.
    Dades wrote: »
    Tomatos are fruit. Just sayin'!

I can only consume tomatoes in a paste or sauce form. No slices on the pizza though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

I'm pretty sue there's more sugar in that sauce than there is tomato...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,371 ✭✭✭Obliq

ShooterSF wrote: »
    Anyone that thinks fruit is a topping is out.

That's marginalising a whole section of society that enjoy pineapple. I strongly object to this and demand to know why it is suggested that I, and other pineapple lovers should being denied our fruit topping of choice? Huh? Come on, I want answers. :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,414 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Obliq wrote: »
    That's marginalising a whole section of society that enjoy pineapple. I strongly object to this and demand to know why it is suggested that I, and other pineapple lovers should being denied our fruit topping of choice? Huh? Come on, I want answers. :mad:

Because some guy once said it was an abomination, and he said Charles Darwin told him to say that, so therefore, Charles Darwin definitely thinks pineapple on a pizza is an abomination.

And it just so happens that I agree with that, even though it hasn't influenced my own viewpoint in any way. That's just coincidence.

Penn wrote: »
    Because some guy once said it was an abomination, and he said Charles Darwin told him to say that, so therefore, Charles Darwin definitely thinks pineapple on a pizza is an abomination.

And it just so happens that I agree with that, even though it hasn't influenced my own viewpoint in any way. That's just coincidence.

"Satan, who is the god of this world, has blinded the minds of those who don't believe. They are unable to see the glorious light of the Good Pineapple. They don't understand this message about the glory of fruit on pizza, which is the exact likeness of God."

I read that somewhere. Believe what you like about not having been influenced, I KNOW THE TRUTH.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Obliq wrote: »
    Penn wrote: »

Charles Darwin famously once said:
    I don't think people who like pineapple on pizzas are abominations

Obviously, out of context, this might appear that he doesn't really give a damn about people's pizza choices. However, if we take it in the specific context it was meant, we can see:
    people who like pineapple on pizzas are abominations

Obviously, I hate the choice of pizza you like, not you, who I love, so I will now go out of my way to make you living a normal life as difficult as possible.

LOVE THE SINNER, NOT THE SIN.

HolyPizzaLogo.gif

See? Darwin was just a theorist - the book of Citrus Fruits is the one truth.

HolyPineapple.bmp

Well, of course you should polish the pineapple.

Polishing one's pineapple is a sacred thing however the misuse of one's pineapple is a grave sin. Pineapple polishing should only occur in a loving marriage.

Putting a pineapple in your mouth- well, you should learn to respect yourself more, really. It's not natural.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,420 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

Didn't Ray Comfort say something about pineapples?

There's nothing wrong with it. Get back under your rock, we all know you're just repressing your natural desires and the holy book of Citrus Fruits says that's bad. Bad, I tell you.

131480-pineapple-eating-contest-kampala-uganda.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭legspin

Well, of course you should polish the pineapple.

Polishing one's pineapple is a sacred thing however the misuse of one's pineapple is a grave sin. Pineapple polishing should only occur in a loving marriage.

Putting a pineapple in your mouth- well, you should learn to respect yourself more, really. It's not natural.

And as for putting it in anywhere else....

"Behold the name of the Pineapple cometh from afar, his wrath burneth, and is heavy to bear: his lips are filled with indignation, and his tongue as a devouring fire."
    Thou shalt surely feel his rage:

Pineapple_FFXII.jpg

And it may be painful.....

2010SeptemberCraftH+(6)+(1).jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

I have no problem with pineapple itself. It's a nice fruit and on my wilder days I enjoyed a slice or two myself. But it does not belong in the institute of pizza toppings. You only have to look at children brought up in families where real pizza is served to see that they are better off. I know people will post studies against that but come on it's obvious. Now if two adults want to put pineapple on the pizza in the privacy of their own bedroom out of public sight then I suppose that's ok but it's not acceptable in sit down restaurants where families converge and I dare say most restaurant owners share that view!

ShooterSF wrote: »
    I have no problem with pineapple itself. It's a nice fruit and on my wilder days I enjoyed a slice or two myself. But it does not belong in the institute of pizza toppings. You only have to look at children brought up in families where real pizza is served to see that they are better off. I know people will post studies against that but come on it's obvious. Now if two adults want to put pineapple on the pizza in the privacy of their own bedroom out of public sight then I suppose that's ok but it's not acceptable in sit down restaurants where families converge and I dare say most restaurant owners share that view!

Well said. Come on, it's just common sense.

Besides, if we allow pineapple, then we'll have to allow olives, and from there it'll be battery acid and seal pup meat on our pizzas.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,562 ✭✭✭eyescreamcone

OK, in a set menu restaurant I'm not allowed pineapple (Milanos, Oliver Plunkett Street, Cork?)

But if I decide to go a la carte...then I can make up my own version of what I like with the pepperoni???

So, I'd go with the what the majority view as correct for a pizza (size, shape, dough)...but I'd add my own special touch - works for me ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,414 ✭✭✭✭Penn

OK, in a set menu restaurant I'm not allowed pineapple (Milanos, Oliver Plunkett Street, Cork?)

But if I decide to go a la carte...then I can make up my own version of what I like with the pepperoni???

So, I'd go with the what the majority view as correct for a pizza (size, shape, dough)...but I'd add my own special touch - works for me ;)

Pfft... Typical "Cultural Pizza-eater"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,218 ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

You are all wrong. I have read the Biblio Pizza in the original Latin not the so-called vernacular mistranslations via Americanese into English favoured by some who claim to be knowledgeable and it clearly states in the Book of Toppings (23:14-69:69)

'Yea, although fruit be good for the Lord's creations for it preventh scurvy which is an abomination and nasty unto the Creator's nostrils it must be taken in moderation as it incites joyousness. But harken ye onto our commands that thou shalt never placeth fruit upon carbohydrates unless it be the placement of sliced banana upon toast which is pleasing onto the Creator. Verily, I say onto thee that whosoever enjoys fruit lying with wheat shall be shunned and their wordly goods shall be given onto the anointed intercessors along with any small children.'

QED.

Looks like we got another A&A schism on our hands :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭strobe

studiorat wrote: »
    Jackie lives in Co. Dublin with her husband, Tom, and their six children Katie, Andrew, Hope, John, Christopher and baby due in February. They have home educated their children for the past seven years.

Oh these crazy celebrities and their out there baby names.

• Advertisement

A baby Jew you say?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,218 ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

Galvasean wrote: »
    A baby Jew you say?

Named Dewey?

Advertisement