Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Going rate for rent in Charlesland

Options
  • 25-05-2010 8:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭

Had anybody successfully brought down their rent this year? We got 200 off last summer and thinking of getting more off this year. Not sure what the going rate is in Charlesland for 3 bed house. We're currently on 1200 pm

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,935 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

this seems to be the only one on Daft at the moment - €1,150. Rents have levelled out a bit in the last few months (according to the woman on Newstalk this morning).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭Rasmus

I think 1,200 sounds about right for a 3 bed - they are pretty scarce as a rental. It was the 2 bedroom houses that went down a bit, but looking on DAFT lately there have been a couple that seem to be going up again to 1,000. No idea why though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

850 - 900 for a 2 bedroom apartment seemed to be the norm recently.

Seems reasonable.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭matt-dublin

Crescent two beds are 1100-1200 a month,
    two beds under the duplexes in the main areas of charlesland are going from 900-1100

houses and duplexes seems to be ranging from 1000 - 1350

• Registered Users Posts: 44 joinerydivision

maybe we are lucky, but ours is 1150 for a 3 bed in delgany wood and the attic is converted into a really nice double bedroom, so its kind of a 4 bed but they cant legally call it a 4 bed (to do with planning permission, so from what I gather the extra bedroom is a bonus but not allowed to go on the plans/deeds although it has velux windows, radiators, sockets, proper lighting etc)

We started off in Sept 08 paying 1450 and got 300 off last sept. we have to move unfortunatly as the landlord is selling it but if we had been staying, i'd have kept it at 1150, i wouldnt expect a further reduction but I wouldnt have accepted it rising either.

3 beds are so thin on the ground, we need to find a new one once our landlord gets an offer on this and there isnt many around.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭Rasmus

Yeah that is a nice rate for a 3/4 bed in Delgany Wood. Pity you have to move.

Advertisement