Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GPS to Irish Maps

Options
  • 25-05-2010 8:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭

I have an app on my phone (Nokia 6700c, Symbian 40) which gives me my GPS location (degrees, minutes, seconds) and nothing else.

Does anyone know how I go about transferring that onto an Irish map (say an OSI Discovery series map) which uses eastings and northings?

Say I am out on a mountain and I get my location using the GPS on the phone. Can I use that basic GPS location information to work out where I am on an Irish map?

My phone also uses Nokia Maps which is grand for cities, but rubbish for the outdoors.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭CreepingDeath

Have you tried mobile google maps ?

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭pmsurveys

Tester46 wrote: »
    I have an app on my phone (Nokia 6700c, Symbian 40) which gives me my GPS location (degrees, minutes, seconds) and nothing else.

Does anyone know how I go about transferring that onto an Irish map (say an OSI Discovery series map) which uses eastings and northings?

Say I am out on a mountain and I get my location using the GPS on the phone. Can I use that basic GPS location information to work out where I am on an Irish map?

My phone also uses Nokia Maps which is grand for cities, but rubbish for the outdoors.

Package called grid inquest ...... dont know though if its available on mobile platform. Downloadable from web and its same as co-ordinate converter on www.osi.ie

Paul

Advertisement