Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parent & Baby/Toddler Meet...

Options
  • 25-05-2010 9:25am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all,
    Was thinking of starting to organise the next meet up for ourselves and our beautiful kids :P.

I was talking with wolfpawnat during the week and we were kind of kicking around the idea of a Teddy Bears Picnic in the Phoenix Park (near the playground?), the idea being that whoever is coming brings one big dish with them (sandwiches/salads/cupcakes etc) and we can all share it then. It may take a bit of organising though, which is why I'm mentioning it now!

So, who'd be interested in going?? Would June or July be better?? I know myself and caprilicious wouldn't be able to attend the weekend of 12/13th June as our babies christenings are on then.

There's a poll above with some options... If you are thinking of attending and what date would suit you best.

Adrieanne :)

Would you attend? And if so, which date suits you best? 18 votes

Yes
    0% 0 votes
    No
    22% 4 votes
    5th/6th June
    0% 0 votes
    12th/13th June
    5% 1 vote
    19th/20th June
    5% 1 vote
    26th/27th June
    11% 2 votes
    3rd/4th July
    16% 3 votes
    10th/11th Jule
    38% 7 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

I would suggest that the play ground near the vistors centre may be a better bet then the older one at the peoples garden.
    Opening hours are 9.30am to 5pm.

The entrance is on the western side of the walled garden at the Visitor's Centre at Ashtown Castle.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=ashtown+vistor+centre+phoenix+park&sll=53.359977,-6.333618&sspn=0.187679,0.543137&ie=UTF8&hq=ashtown+vistor+centre+phoenix+park&hnear=&ll=53.363972,-6.327267&spn=0.022177,0.067892&z=14

It's Marked as C on the google map.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

would love to go! the last one was great fun!! any weekend suits me in june july we're going camping for a week and we've to confirm the dates yet ;)

would it be weather proof??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Well that's the thing! It wouldn't be weather proof haha!

hehe yeah i suppose :Dduh
    if it was dry it'd be a great day !!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Good idea!
    We love teddies and food;)

• Advertisement

i'm tempted to ask will we bring teddies or wear them??:D but i won't cos it's cheeky!! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭caprilicious

I bags bringing cupcakes* :D

114951.jpg

* don't worry, not actually cooking them myself don't want to risk poisoning ye, my lil sis is a chef so will be calling in a favour with her to do these!

I am in love with your sister now... they look delicious!

they look fabulous.. but i bet i can't eat them...:( i made the christening cake myself and the only reason that everyone believed me was the crappy way it was iced!! i lost my icer in the move so i scraped happy christening ben into the icing... so sad.. but the cake was gorgeous.. so i'll bring one of them and some sandwiches...with dairy free butter ;) cos i'm awkward :D
    are husbands welcome??

Husbands are very welcome, cbyrd, what are you allergic to and I'll try make something that can include everyone :)

• Advertisement

i'm lactose intolerant.. no dairy :( but it's no bother i'm so used to making do or bringing my own, i mean it's anything with cheese, chocolate, brown bread cakes biscuits cream butter milk crisps most dips except salsa ones... so it's easier to make stuff from scratch.. (soya bread etc) i do make a damn good dairy free flapjack though!! ;)
    I'm going for my testing on monday!! yay i'm only 2 years waiting .. although being pregnant delayed it..

cbyrd wrote: »
    i'm lactose intolerant.. no dairy :( but it's no bother i'm so used to making do or bringing my own, i mean it's anything with cheese, chocolate, brown bread cakes biscuits cream butter milk crisps most dips except salsa ones... so it's easier to make stuff from scratch.. (soya bread etc) i do make a damn good dairy free flapjack though!! ;)
    I'm going for my testing on monday!! yay i'm only 2 years waiting .. although being pregnant delayed it..

Well if everyone coming suggests a dish they are going to make, I will wait until last and pick something then. I know CathyMoran is a diabetic but if everyone else can post their food intolerences/allergies/vegetarianisms here we'll accommodate everyone I'm sure!!

LOL i just made a brilliant idea difficult!! i think anyone who has an allergy or intolerance could just bring a lunch for themselves and maybe something to share that way it's not a big deal...
    sorry for being a pain in the @rse :D
    this is why my husband doesn't bring me out anymore!! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭eimsRV

It's a great idea! I'll have a think about what to bring apart from Alannah and her teddy.

Fair play to you for making the cake Cbyrd ,baking and me don't mix :o
    Are you bringing Peter with you? :D

It'd be great if we got a day's weather like the day at the zoo, here's hoping!

My poor sis was driven half mad making those cupcakes for my wedding cake, making sure they were all perfect. She'll love me for asking her to make more :D

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭hacked

hey all...would love to come to the next meet and see you all again. Sooner is better for me as I'm trying to go back to the states for a few weeks to visit family. Not really sure when i'll be going yet as i am trying to deal with the american embassy and a passport headache! Should definately be around for most of june though :)

Let me know what i can bring! I don't get online much, but a lot of you have my number...so text me.

Also -- it was so lovely to meet you all at the zoo! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 Pinkdust

Hey ladies :)

Im not due till september with my first but would love to join in and meet some people if its ok to tag along...?? Sounds like it would be a great day!

Course it is!!!

Right so, it looks like the 3rd/4th July is best for everyone??

Can everyone post what dish they're thinking of bringing so we don't end up with the same things!

I was thinking of making a pasta salad and caramel slices :)

Sounds good to me, I'll bring cupcakes and possibly Bannoffee :)

• Advertisement

Is this still going ahead folks? Or has the date been confirmed yet, the 3rd or 4th?

Yeah I was wondering the same thing! What are the plans?

Also...I didn't have the internet when this was being planned. So what has everyoe else decided to make/bring, and what is still needed?

Well either the Saturday or Sunday is fine with me... nobody else has confirmed what they are bringing... gonna bring what I mentioned in my above post, pasta salad and caramel slices :D

caramel slices :D

Nyom nyom I'd love a sweet treat like that now, too lazy to drive to the shops tho :o

I'm going to bring mini bannoffee's (my new/only recipe!) and will get my sis to make me some cupcakes too

Either day suits me too :)

If it makes no difference to everyone else could we do it the 4th of July? Would really love to see you all, but I have this thing on the 3rd I really should go to!
    A friend is organising a baby shower for her sons pregnant girlfriend. She's from abroad and doesn;t really know anyone here very well yet!

sorry about the incorrect thread post :o:o:o
    It's so true about baby brain lasting well after babs is born :p

Yep July 4th works grand for me :)

wrong thread??

lol @ cap -- tell me about it! some days I just give up and stay silent!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

I am back!

4rth of July suits us too.

Did we decide on a venue?

• Advertisement

Had we not decided on the Phoenix park?

Advertisement