Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

campervan night parking in Cork city

• 25-05-2010 10:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hi,

I come back to Ireland after a while abroad, I had been leaving in Cork for two years, and I'd like to spend a week-end back in town before travelling around for my holidays.... I have a campervan and I am looking for a safe place I could park to sleep not far from the city. Would someone had a clue?

Plan B is to go to Blarney camp park and get a bus to town, but plan A would be cheaper of course...

thanks,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭huddlejonny

Howdy,

I would go to a shopping centre car-park like Wilton which is near enough to the city centre, Its well lit up and busy enough. Dont know if you would be allowed overnight parking. Or else park outside a garda station somewhere, couldnt see ya getting any hassle there..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭dowtchaboy

Down the Docks is pretty quiet at night.
    I'd look at Centre Park Road, maybe down in towards the Showgrounds, or slip into one of the side roads or one of the industrial estates.
    It's an easy walk to the city centre.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 384 ✭✭SeamusG97

Thought about this for a while before posting. Used to live in Cork and missus is a native. Can't think of anywhere that is absolutely safe and convenient (or pleasent) as well. Both previous suggestions would do but for what it's worth I would prefer to stay in Blarney.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 maybebabie

I would think that Blarney itself would be pretty safe and no trouble. I come from a small town about 6 miles from Blarney.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭2yung2adm

motorhomes parked in built up areas seem to attract the wrong element. I personally would not park in the City. Blarney is your best bet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 163 ✭✭line6

• Closed Accounts Posts: 457 ✭✭Leadership

I once parked mine in Penrose Wharf for the weekend, that has 24 hr security and almost in the center. Have a quick word with security before you do though.

Advertisement