Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No Pay for April Yet

Options
  • 25-05-2010 10:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,

Can anyone offer me any advice on the following situation..

The company I work for is very low on money, to the point where we have still not been paid for april (& are getting worried about may). We have been given several dates we would "definitely" get paid on but they fell through, lots of various excuses.

So its getting to the point where we are owed 2 months wages and we have not been given a date when we will get paid.

We cannot keep working indefinitely without pay - some would argue were stupid to have done it this long - but we are wary of doing anything such as walking out in case it would affect what we are currently owed. Its a small company, less than 10 staff.

It seems obvious (to me at least) that we wont last much longer. But we just dont know where to go from here.

Any advice would be much appreciated?.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

TBH you need to talk to the owners and ask them directly what the situation is.

The fact you haven't been paid for April and its nearly the end of May would have warning bells ringing in my ears.

Do you know if they have been paying suppliers or is there a constant stream of calls coming in looking to talk to accounts?

If you haven't been paid and there are a lot of suppliers chasing money from you then there are serious cash flow problems. The chances are the company could be owed a lot of money by customers and the owners are trying to keep things going until those monies come in. At this stage they need to be straight with you and let you know what is going on, what they are doing to rectify it and what time-frame do they expect the situation to normalise.

Good luck.

Advertisement