Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Deleting Email account

• 25-05-2010 10:20am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69 ✭✭

Does anyone know if you can permanently delete a yahoo account? If you can how do you go about it? Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Diddy Kong

Found this after googling your question:
    Click this link if you're sure you want to delete your account and everything that goes with it.
    Account deletion page:
    https://edit.yahoo.com/config/delete_use…

By terminating your account, you will lose access to your Yahoo! ID, Yahoo! Mail, and profile names. Yahoo! will also delete your account data and settings across the Yahoo! network. This includes any contents in:

Yahoo! Mail
    Yahoo! Address Book
    Yahoo! HotJobs
    GeoCities
    Yahoo! Briefcase
    My Yahoo!
    Yahoo! Groups
    Finance Portfolio
    Any other area of Yahoo! that can only be accessed with your Yahoo! ID and password
    Please be sure you want to delete your entire account as you will not be able to reactivate it after the account has been deleted. You are always welcome to sign up again for a new account.

Terminating your Yahoo! account does not alter or delete your Yahoo! People Search listing, which you need to edit or delete yourself.

If you are subscribed to any premium services, Yahoo! recommends that you first cancel those premium services before you delete your account. If you do not delete your Premium Services before deleting your Account, you will continue to be billed for your premium services. To cancel your current subscriptions, visit Yahoo! Billing Information for your account, choose the "My Services" tab, and click the "Cancel" link for each subscription.
    https://billing.yahoo.com/services/?.url…

To remove your entire account, please visit the Account Deletion page. You will be asked to sign in to or verify your password for the account you wish to delete. Please be sure to read the next page carefully, as important information about your account is included. You can then confirm the deletion of your account.

If you're having trouble signing in, you can get password help on the password problems page.

Please complete the deletion process only if you are certain you would like to remove your entire Yahoo! account and any features you have personalized within the account. After the deletion process is initiated, your Yahoo! account can never be recovered.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69 ✭✭Rubiee

Thanks for that! I never thought to google it. Account is now deleted. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭Dude111

One time i had an email account on a server THAT YOU COULD NOT DELETE THE ACCOUNT and it was getting spammed like crazy!

I wanted it closed...... So i emailed the people that ran the site (from another account) and told them this exact email

"Hello..Could you please delete my account (And i gave the address),My boss is having us all use it to send out MASS-SPAM to everyone and i dont think its right to do so"

Well within days the acct was gone! (No email provider likes thier services being used for spam and they will gladly assist in the matter :))

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 815 ✭✭✭mickeyboymel

On The same vein, can you delete an @eircom.net account?

Advertisement