Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Coillte 10k Dundrum 6th July

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭promethius

hey this is on again this year, it's a coilte thing so is it on a path way or a forest trail? just wondering if there's roots etc :D
    cheers
    p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭village runner

Done it a few years ago. 2 lap on road. Great race. Enjoyable.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭Tipp man running

Looking forward to this and can highly recommend as a PB course:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,738 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Looking forward to this and can highly recommend as a PB course:)

+1 on that.

I can't imagine there's a faster or flatter 10k course in Ireland.

Very well organised, and very swish and useful towel in the goody bag at the end.

Deffo PB potential, although I don't think I, or anyone else, will be challenging the course record! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭promethius

i'm in!
    thanks for the responses guys :-)

• Advertisement

Just double-checked there - the race is on Wednesday 6th of July....would hate to see the info in the thread title leading some people astray ;)

@Raycun - cheers for updating that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭ManFromAtlantis

thanks for this link. looks like a nice race. might just give it a go.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 elnino2010

registration will take place on the night and hope to see ye all again on the night :)

Looking forward to this in a major way, although feeling very leggy an generally unispired this week so hopefully back on form by next Weds.

Intervals tonight for me, maybe a slow-paced 10k-ish run at the weekend and a tempo on Monday evening.

By the way, can anyone give simple directions to Dundrum from Limerick? Went via satnav last year and ended up in all sorts of odd places

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭ManFromAtlantis

Cartman78 wrote: »
    By the way, can anyone give simple directions to Dundrum from Limerick? Went via satnav last year and ended up in all sorts of odd places

if ya ended up in a shopping centre you went too far :-)

maybe try google osi smart map and click map viewer and zoom in and out as you need. dead handy.

yopu can mess aroud with the pre view maps on righthand side for older maps and aeriel photos

this link http://maps.osi.ie/publicviewer/#V1,592385,653591,2,10

there are two routes from limerick city.

route 1 (easiest to follow)
    Head out the waterford/tipperary road out of limerick city
    go through pallasgreen, oola, limerick junction
    at the far end of tipperary town take a left and quick right for dundrum
    its about 7 or 8 mile to dundrum then.

route 2 (trickier)
    head out the dublin road at the annacotty roundabout
    take the right turn for cappamore about half a mile after the roundabout
    stay on this road it will bring you through cappamore, doon, cappawhite, annacarty and eventually to the village of dundrum. stay on this road there are shorter cross country routes but even the best of us get lost on these!

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭HobNob

Is there some place to change and have a shower after the race ?

The race HQ is in a community hall of some sort if memory serves me right so plenty of room to get changed etc....not sure if there's showers.

Looks like it's going to be a miserable wet evening

I find miserable wet evenings are ideal for running - as long as it's not humid and torrentially raining.

Twas roasting for last year's race

Managed to shave another 20 secs or so off my PB but overall still mildly gutted not to have gone sub-40mins for the first time.

Felt really comfortable for the first 5k but then felt completely zonked for about 10 mins....my legs were dead and got a stitch as well (suspect I might have come down slightly on the wrong side of pre-race hydration).

It really felt like mile 20 of a marathon :eek:....almost pulled out but kept going and eventually got a second wind and finished reasonably strongly in 40mins 18secs. Was totally wrecked after - never so glad to have the post-race cup of tea and bun.

Anyway, will be back next year....gonna take a break from racing for a bit and freshen up for the autumn

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Joeface

First time running that 10k , flat pretty flat , thats both the road and my running. Will def do it again next yer . Not a bad setup . Tea afterwards was good. I think they got very lucky with the weather , had actually started to dry up before the race started.

are the official results and times up anywhere ?

I'd say they'll probably be available via the Dundrum AC facebook page...there was some pics up there earlier this morning so would guess the results will be up there at some stage

• Advertisement

a record turn out on the night almost 250 runners. results will be uploaded to www.tipperaryathletics.com page soon. check out some photos of the night http://www.facebook.com/DundrumAthleticClub

hope all enjoyed the night and thanks for the support of the event.
    See ye all next year for the 27th Annual.

Advertisement