Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smoothie Recipes

Options
  • 25-05-2010 11:32am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13

Anyone got a really good Signature Homemade Smoothie Recipe?

Just bought a new blender/ smoothie maker
    I want to try and invent a smoothie that beats all smoothies?

Any suggestions on what has worked best?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭TeRmInAlCrAzY

I have to say I love this. Please excuse the complete lack of quantities - I don't use them :)

Ice Cubes
    Orange Juice
    Greek Yoghurt
    Honeydew Watermelon (just the flesh, not the rind :p)
    Strawberries

Blitz that up - and

oh mama ....

oh mama ....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭dh0661

Honeydew Watermelon (just the flesh, not the rind :p)

Should that be honey dew melon (yellow melon) and water melon (green melon) ???.

No it should have just been honeydew melon.

The drool made my keyboard slippy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 I knock em

Do you ever freeze the yougart?
    & use that in full instead of ice cubes??

Excuse the pun but would the Melon not make the mix very watery??

Greek Yougart is the job!!!! alright!!!!

Gonna try that one this eve and I'll let you know what I think tomorrow!!!!:cool:

Any other good recipe suggestions:pac:

Never thought about freezing the yoghurt. must give it a try.

If you find it is too watery for you, throw in a large banana as well. I like it kinda thin and crispy, if you know what I mean :)

• Advertisement

I do indeed.

Ya I've always frozen the yoghurt in the freezer about an hour or so before and put it in the blender with the rest of the ingredients and wizzed it up. I think its the job really!!!!

Ya I always use a banana also to thicken it up.

Lastest one today was Frozen berry mix from Tesco and frozen yoghurt with a 250ml of Tropicana original orange juice.

I use a mold to freeze about 1/2 a cup 125ml of yoghurt and just peel it back when you take it out of the freezer!!! its very handy rather than putting it in the container and then waiting for it to melt.

You can get silicone type molds from the likes of Le Creuset etc. that are freezer friendly and are easily peeled off once contents are frozen.

So anymore recipe busting smoothies to give the summers day a good boost???

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭vicecreamsundae

my favourite smoothie isn't anything super exciting or original but it's just soooo goood.
    one banana, a large spoonful of frozen yoghurt, couple spoonfuls of raspberries [or frozen mixed berries] and orange juice [or tropical juice for a nice twist].

hate using ice in smoothies, makes them far too watery for me. i like mine thick like a proper meal.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

I knock em wrote: »
    You can get silicone type molds from the likes of Le Creuset etc. that are freezer friendly and are easily peeled off once contents are frozen.
    Just put the yogurt in regular ice cube trays, you can get a dedicated one if you are worried about flavouring your normal ice, or use ice cube bags which keep the cubes sealed and not frosting up. The cubes make it easier to blend them up rather than a big clump of frozen yogurt. Large tubs of yogurt can be far cheaper, and it is hard to get natural unflavoured yogurt in small pots at a good price.

Tesco have a very good range of frozen berries now, cheap and again chill the smoothie down.

Kiwis add a good zing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Two bananas,
    one clemintine,
    handfull of blue berries,
    9 frozen strawberrys,
    half a mug of frozen mixed berrys,
    3 tablespoons of natrual yougart
    1 mug of organe juice
    1/2 mug of pineapple juice

Current fav in the house atm makes about a litre great for getting more fruit into the kids.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭skywards

Whatever fruit I have, plus whatever juice is available, plus yoghurt or ice cream, or something cold. I've gotten some interesting results, but not anything disgusting yet :p.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭MissMotivated

Anyone have any nice smoothie recipes which include veg aswell as fruit?

Anyone find a good place to buy the cups and straws for the car in the morning or to give someone a smoothie to go .

I've tried a few sites online but they are only sellling in large volumes???

Must try the new recipes posted in the next couple of days!!!

What Veg would you put into a smoothie if you were to add it in????

Maybe Carrott!!
    Or How bout some Cherry Tomatoes or even a clove of Garlic?????? :eek:

Anyone go round the smoothie bars and Try their recipes too???

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭MissMotivated

I saw a recipe somewhere which had berries, natural yoghurt, spinach, flaxseed and few other bits and apparently couldn't taste the spinach at all!! I'm sure carrot would be good too. Must experiment with some small amounts some day. Was also thinking where to get the cups

Advertisement