Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weekend boat charter / Daytrip

Options
  • 25-05-2010 12:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭

Hey I was wondering if anyone has any experience / knows anyone that will for a reasonable amount rent out a boat & drive it to inisboffin and back where you can fish a bit on the way and stop an hour or so on the island? <<<Ideal scenario

This would be an alternative to taking the ferry to Aran Islands.

The thing is I have actually done this before from Cleggan, really nice guy/boat there but you have to be 12 ppl and i'm only taking 3-4 ppl here for this trip. It is for this Saturday by the way.

I have goggled away & will keep doing so by the way but I was thinking maybe someone knows a good company / person? A day trip sailing would be cool as well, or any other water related suggestions that you have experience of.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭stevecrow74

i dont think there is anywhere you can rent out a boat on the west coast, and 'm not too familiar with charters up there.. however there is a guy called john brittain that runs a charter from clifden, you could ask him his prices for the day.. fishing included, he can be contacted at 087 <snip>(its his buisness number)
    more info here
    http://www.seafishingireland.net/

sometimes a charter has a few places left on the boat, not every time they get the full 12 people.. worth a try..

Advertisement