Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

External Hard Drive Problems

• 25-05-2010 12:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭

Hi all,

I recently bought a NAS drive so I could watch movies and listen to music on my xbox with out having to have a pc turned on. ITs got a dnla server built in so I thought it would work

Pluscom External Hard Drive

So I plugged it into my eirocom router but it's not working as I would like. Actually it's not working at all.

After a while the xbox does "see" the drive but it cant connect to it, it says there's a firewall problem, unfortunately when I plug it into the usb port at the front it doesn't pick it up at all. The pc picks it up ok so i'm stumped.

Any suggestions?

Thanks
    Joe
    Bujinkan Martial Arts in Laois

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

At a guess i would imagine you need to format this to fat32 for it to work plugged in to your xbox? Im having major trouble getting the xbox to see any hard drives on my network atm too so i cant help there

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭joe_dunne

Thanks foxerv1 that worked perfectly. It seems silly not to use ntfs but ho hum its working now.

If anyone has any tips on the network problems id be over the moon.

It "see's" the hd if I test the network and leave it on the PC NOT LISTED page but it won't let be go any further than there.

Very annoying

Joe

Advertisement