Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Permanent TSB Visa Ice Credit Card

Options
  • 25-05-2010 12:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I'm going abroad to Asia and I'm thinking it would be safer to withdraw money using my Moneybookers pre paid mastercard instead of my Visa Ice Credit Card. If I was to lose it, the max they could get is what I most recently loaded on the card.

I see there is a 1.99% charge for foreign exchange on the pre paid mastercard. I was just wondering, is there a similar charge on the Visa cc?
    I looked on the permanent tsb website, but couldnt find any mention of the fees incurred withdrawing foreign exchange..

cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Its 1.75% for ice and most other visa cards for foreign currency for tranactions on goods. If your taking cash you will also have the 1.5% cash advance fee. Minimum of €2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭Tiesto

thanks for that

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

Check PTSB but if your visa is in credit there shouldnt be any charged for withdrawing cash (any currency) from an ATM as long as the account remains in credit after transaction complete. I used this when travelled around the world. Cheap and safe enough. I generally had my money in my current account and transferred it to the CC when i knew i would need it. It gave the added security of being able to use my laser if needed in the ATM also so had two options. I generally kept my laser seperate from my credit card in case one went missing.

Advertisement