Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Part-time work affects grant?

• 25-05-2010 1:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hi, I heard from a friend that the grant only takes into account your parent's income and not your own, so if I were to get a part-time job would it decrease my odds of getting the grant? I've checked the student finance site and it only mentions the income bands of parents.

I'm in my last year of my BA (have received the grant so far) and have applied for an MA which would start after the summer, so I'd only be working for the summer months.

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

Yeah they don't seem to go into the finer detail on that website much. From reading over the application form and the notes, your own personal income is also to be included.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 484 ✭✭brownacid

Your own income is included, If I remember crrectly you can earn up to 3000 without it coming into effect, everything after the 3 grand is effectively a strike against you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 Student09

But wouldn't the income for the 10/11 year be based on 2009 and the income earned in that year. So if you worked in the summer of 2010 it would matter? That was the way I took it :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 a_coe

Your own income is included, If I remember crrectly you can earn up to 3000 without it coming into effect, everything after the 3 grand is effectively a strike against you

so would you only count what you earn after the 3000? or your full earnings part time as well as the household income

Advertisement