Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

need a new internet service providers

• 25-05-2010 1:42pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 560 ✭✭✭

Ok got the houses 2 month bill today, it was 161.80
    23e was from a few minutes of call to mobiles
    20 was vat.

and 110e for broadband

anyone see this as a rip for 8 mb speed/250gb a month
    I only use 60-80gb but we had to get the biggest package incase we when over, which is very likely seeing as the biggest package is 30gb.

So I'm looking for alternitive broadband, something for a few month till upc get to clondalkin, that has a fair limit and speed for a fair price.

I live in clondalkin, in the st marks area.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

UPC FTW

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 560 ✭✭✭Flaregon

dlofnep wrote: »
    UPC FTW

there not in my area :/, just rang them there, So i need an alterntive to eircom & upc *till there in my area*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Balls.. Not sure then. :(

dlofnep wrote: »
    Balls.. Not sure then. :(

Guess i'll just remove everything including the phone and go to my friend house and use his on the week end :/

atleast the house will save cash.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,186 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

try Magnet, they have a forum on boards too.

I'm with down in Limerick and I'm very happy with their service.

• Advertisement

I'm with down in Limerick and I'm very happy with their service.

ill take a look.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,056 ✭✭✭✭event

why are eircom a bunch of *******?

did they over charge you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Abelloid

Flowers?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

They are even more expensive than eircon and just as bad. I've been with both and both are completely useless. The amount of times I had to ring Magnet in the year I was unlucky enough to be with them so they could "re-adjust my line" was an utter joke.

UPC all the way. No connection drop outs and I'm actually getting the speed they told me I would, and paying exactly with they said I would too, not so with the other two cowboy providers.

event wrote: »
    why are eircom a bunch of *******?

did they over charge you?

well there over charging everyone really 8mb/250gb limit(upload & download)55e
    vs 30 mb/250gb limit for 42e
    + ******* can mean anything, ill leave it to your imagenation, as I couldn't think of the right thing to call em.

heres a big list of random words.

http://clubefl.gr/games/wordox/7.html
    They are even more expensive than eircon and just as bad. I've been with both and both are completely useless. The amount of times I had to ring Magnet in the year I was unlucky enough to be with them so they could "re-adjust my line" was an utter joke.

UPC all the way. No connection drop outs and I'm actually getting the speed they told me I would, and paying exactly with they said I would too, not so with the other two cowboy providers.

I would if UPC was in my area, I'm right at the edge of a blue zone but there map is bad.

• Advertisement

Flaregon wrote: »
    well there over charging everyone really 8mb/250gb limit(upload & download)55e
    vs 30 mb/250gb limit for 42e
    + ******* can mean anything, ill leave it to your imagenation, as I couldn't think of the right thing to call em.

ah right, so they charged you the price of the package you signed up to and for the phone calls you used?

Cool

event wrote: »
    ah right, so they charged you the price of the package you signed up to and for the phone calls you used?

Cool

Hmmm well they added 20e in vat it would be nice to see that included in the price of the package and not tossed on to the bill at the end, + theres is no options in my area but to have to take 55e package(if I took the package 2, I would be paying the same) or have no internet.

I'm in dublin and can only get eircom as my house boaders a few place which is quite the insult in this modern age, seeing as there its barely an upgrade upgrade :/.

p.s: this is getting off topic, pass me a provider that I can try or don't post please.
    and i've edited the title to remove any chance of more debate.

they added in VAT?

well if they displayed the prices in VAT before you signed up, it would have said excl VAT down the bottom of the ad.

im no defender of eircom but i find it baffling that people slate them cos they charged them exactly what were due

and if you can get DSL with eircom, you can get it with any DSL provider, Eircom arent your only option

imagine, smart, digiweb, vodafone, BT, perlico

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

have you tried this website for advice :

http://www.callcosts.ie/home/default.asp

have you tried this website for advice :

http://www.callcosts.ie/home/default.asp

now theres some real help.
    Ntl are the only ones that are cheaper and have good stats.

How the hell did ireland crap broadband get this expencive :/.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

most of the "always on" Broadband (there is no other kind or else it's not broadband) on callcosts.ie isn't actually Broadband :(

• Company Representative Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭Magnet: Rory

While I understand you didn't have a good experience with Magnet I have to say that your comment is a little unfair.

Almost every line with every provider is different. Yours may have been poor and as such a good consistent service may have been difficult to achieve.

In saying this it must be noted that this is not the case for the majority of Magnet subscribers and it must also be noted that one runs a very similar risk with almost all providers (wireless, DSL, cable or sat{with the possible exception of FTTH}).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭tfitzgerald

try utv internet i have them and i find them very good

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

I'd agree.
    Unfair on magnet.
    Their only shortcoming is that they don't have more FTTH :)

Advertisement