Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eurovision .....do you have to be Drunk?.

Options
  • 25-05-2010 2:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭

I watched the Eurovision last year for the first time in ages and thought it was great craic!.Now i did have a good few beers at the time(let out clause).
    I thought the music was'nt as bad, as i thought it would be...there were no obscure folk songs,or whinging ballads as far as i remember.

The big bonus was that there were some fine looking ladies, also some mad fellas jumping around the place which i found entertaining ,and a couple of tunes that despite my better judgement i found myself humming.....................eh that was the alcohol.
    We were thinking this year of inviting friends over to watch the eurovision.Obviously we would have to consume a rake of alcohol to watch it?.
    Before i make up my mind.

Was last years eurovision great craic? or was it just that i was drunk??.

Could i watch it and enjoy it without alcohol?.

Can you watch the Eurovision without Alcohol? 59 votes

Yes
    0% 0 votes
    No
    50% 30 votes
    I prefer Drugs
    33% 20 votes
    Paddy You are on Drugs
    15% 9 votes
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

I watched the Eurovision last year for the first time in ages and thought it was great craic!.Now i did have a good few beers at the time(let out clause).
    I thought the music was'nt as bad, as i thought it would be...there were no obscure folk songs,or whinging ballads as far as i remember.

The big bonus was that there were some fine looking ladies, also some mad fellas jumping around the place which i found entertaining ,and a couple of tunes that despite my better judgement i found myself humming.....................eh that was the alcohol.
    We were thinking this year of inviting friends over to watch the eurovision.Obviously we would have to consume a rake of alcohol to watch it?.

Do you have to be drunk? No.

But being a flaming homosexual helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭PK2008

Are you sure you werent watching the TellyTubbies?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,661 ✭✭✭General Zod

probably could enjoy it without alcohol, but sure why not make an event of it.

There's some great games to play, like drinking whenever there's a key change.

Usually there's some mad drug-trippy acts to make it all entertaining despite the mediocre serious acts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭donmeister

I just voted for everything just because it was available to me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Smcgie

I picked drugs... The last time I watched it I swear I saw a turkey in a trolley!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,383 ✭✭✭91011

have you seen the german entry - fierce cute. Defo the best entry both in terms of singer & song.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

I don't think i've ever watched the Eurovision sober.

Not that i watch it much mind you:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 218 ✭✭2manyconditions

I cant decide can you add that as an option so I can vote

I would suggust that you have ample alcohol and drugs reinforcements readily available should you or any of your friends feel you need them. Have a competition to see who lasts the longest without

You could have a euro barbie (barbequeue that is) while your at it. Make it 3 in a row for the semis and the final :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭Hannibal Smith

No, you have to have a few beers to watch the eurovision these days. Mainly because there are so many countries in it, it's to keep yourself entertained. The ice cream sundaes that got you through as a child won't work any more:o

Whilst on the point of the Eurovision...GB, Germany France and Spain should get together, make a new Eurovision with only us Western lot get on with the competition and let the Eastern bunch crack on slapping each other on the butt :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

Surely you'd need some sort of stimulant to get you through such an event

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Eurovision drinking games are always hilarious! It's a waste of time watching it sober.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭candy-gal1

lol hoping to watch this this weekend with the oh, hopefully there will be some chicks in it as a distraction for him lol we may have a few beers while watching anyway, just to make a night of it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Paddy Samurai

91011 wrote: »
    have you seen the german entry - fierce cute. Defo the best entry both in terms of singer & song.

Lena Meyer-Landrut.....yea just checked her photo out.She's easy on the eyes,lol won't need to be drunk to watch her.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,121 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

Eurovision, whens that on again?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭CreepingDeath

Time to roll out "My Lovely Horse", we really don't want to win this year.

Give it to the Germans no matter what, their economy is holding up Europe at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭Scarydoll

It only makes sense when viewed under the influence.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Drink and drugs while watching the Eurovision is a definite, also I find being Deaf would also help.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Paddy Samurai

Time to roll out "My Lovely Horse", we really don't want to win this year.

Give it to the Germans no matter what, their economy is holding up Europe at the moment.

Don't think we have to worry about winning it .

Advertisement