Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waney Edge Wood

Options
  • 25-05-2010 12:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 21

I dont know is this the most relevant area to post this but does anyone know where i could get waney edge wood (preferably spalted beech)...around the west of ireland. Air dried and around 40mm thick if possible.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭Tiriel

Moved from Arts and Crafts - I think that Woodcraft should get you a better response!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

There are a few saw mills around the county Galway area that may have some, we recently planed up some for a customer who was making a mantlepiece from it. Must ask him where he got it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭tiocimarla

Coilte have beechwood forestry in galway, i dont know if they have a sales point there but if they do, depending on how much ye need you could buy the logs there and arrange a saw mill to cut them for ye. Thats the best i can come up with Coilte species

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 footinturf

I know a fella in Offaly who kiln dries his own spalted beech, brown ash and other native irish timbers. He makes furniture, tables, coat stands, etc. I came across him on a kitchen project. His input was weaney edged spalted beech counter top ~ 40mm thick. We got to talkin and he told me that he supplies some of his kiln dried timber to cabinet makers and door manufacturers. At a guess i'd say he is ~ 40 mins east of Ballinasloe. He was fairly resonable with countertop price also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 footinturf

oh yea he air dries before he puts it in the kilns

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19 rugbydude

Try Native Hardwoods in Athenry, he has a good selection

• Registered Users Posts: 21 RPJG

Thanks, going to try athenry.

Advertisement