Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mortgage RenovationsHi

Options
  • 25-05-2010 2:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

Hi

I am applying for a mortgage but the house we are looking at will need 30,000 worth of renovations. Are there any mortgage lenders out there that will add the cost of the renovations to the house price mortgage. I have been talking to one mortgage lender and they said to apply for a mortgage and a home loan seperately but there is no guarantee that I would get the home loan.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Gonzales

I don't see why not so long as the mortgage (incl. renovation portion) total amount did not exceed their acceptable loan to value ratio & the value of the house after the renovations would be equal or greater than the total loan value.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 macker999

Thats what i thought but from talking to a few mortgage providers they recommend you getting a personal loan. Tut they say i might have to wait 6 months in order to get it as they want to see regular payments of my mortgage first

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭Jo King

It is going to be difficult. It all comes down to loan to value ratios. If you are borrowing 905 of the purchase price you have no chance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 macker999

I am a first time buyer and a 35 year term is available for me. If i got a 90% mortgage instaed of a 92% would i have a better chance ?

Advertisement