Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cover Bands, Taxes and Royalties....

Options
  • 25-05-2010 3:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hi All,

I have two questions
    Do covers band have to pay taxes over the income they make on the pub scene? Or are the taxes paid by the Venue/Pub that hires a Covers Band ?

I am wondering if the tax man could go after a covers band playing a few gigs at the weekend in pubs ...

The 2nd question is about the songs they play live and for which they don't own any right...are cover bands liable to pay any Royalties?

I think these are 2 interesting questions often omitted (unless it is just my ignorance)...any insight would be very much appreciated.

Thank you

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

This isn't really the right forum but anyway:

1. Each member of the band is liable for paying tax on any income they earn.

2. The venue has to have a licence from IMRO for any music performed whether it's live, a radio or CDs etc. The band would not have to pay royalties.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 MrGoodDeal

Thank you for the reply!

Advertisement