Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to sort out ESB when leaving?

Options
  • 25-05-2010 4:11pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭

Right so when we moved in we got the ESB transferred to my flatmate's name. Now we're coming to the end of our lease and he's gone on a J1 so I said I'd take care of sorting the ESB. Is it a case of just ringing them up and saying I need to moved back to the landlord's name? Obviously we'd have to pay the last bill.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

You just ring them up and give them a final meter reading on the day you're leaving. You should be able to pay the last bill there and then over the phone. Transferring it into someone else's name is the responsibility of the guy who comes after you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,775 ✭✭✭accensi0n

seamus wrote: »
    You just ring them up and give them a final meter reading on the day you're leaving. You should be able to pay the last bill there and then over the phone. Transferring it into someone else's name is the responsibility of the guy who comes after you.

Where would I find this documented online? Cheers.

Advertisement