Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chimaira playing Dublin

Options
  • 25-05-2010 4:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭

October 3rd in the academy2:D
    Blabbermouth

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭ride-the-spiral

May consider going to this because of the gig drought...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,963 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

May consider going to this because of the gig drought...

Joking? Gig drought? This was/is one of the best years for gigs, far from a drought lad!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭ride-the-spiral

Joking? Gig drought? This was/is one of the best years for gigs, far from a drought lad!

I'm not 18 for most of them though. :( There's a big block of gigs I want to see during summer and I'm missing them all! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭LD 50

Finally. Been waiting for these lads to come over. Not sure if I'll still be in the country for them though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

Caught them twice in 2003. Every Time I Die supported the first night in what was the Temple Bar Music Centre.

Then, the second time around June, Killswitch Engage co-headlined, with Shadow's Fall and God Forbid in support. All that for 25Euro....I will say this though, despite that great line up, Chimaira still stood out as the best act of the evening.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Beekay

Caught them twice in 2003. Every Time I Die supported the first night in what was the Temple Bar Music Centre.

Then, the second time around June, Killswitch Engage co-headlined, with Shadow's Fall and God Forbid in support. All that for 25Euro....I will say this though, despite that great line up, Chimaira still stood out as the best act of the evening.
    Was at the gig with KSE, Chimaira really were the best that night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

defo goin, tickets under 20 bills, love it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

I wish I were still In Ireland for this!! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Beekay

AlcoholicA wrote: »
    defo goin, tickets under 20 bills, love it.

Definately worth it!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,482 ✭✭✭weisses

Tickets ordered ..thanks for the heads up .... Who is opening for them in Dublin ?? couldn't find anything

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Finally. About time they came back. Awesome band live.

Any news Who is playing with them ??? couldn't find anything online

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

weisses wrote: »
    Any news Who is playing with them ??? couldn't find anything online

Their UK tour is a big thing with Job For A Cowboy and Trigger the Bloodshed, I think that this is just a one off appearance since neither of the other bands on the bill are coming over to Ireland

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,954 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Chimaira have been forced to cancel their upcoming tour which included a sold out Academy 2 show on October 3rd.

A statement from the band issued today read:

Due to an acute illness, we must cancel our upcoming UK tour. The band was really looking forward to the shows especially coming off a successful run in the US as part of the Rockstar Energy Mayhem Festival. Alas, health comes first, as it should for us all. Sorry to those who planned on attending, but as the Governor of California once said, 'we'll be back'. or something like that.

All tickets can be refunded from point of original purchase.
    From MCD.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭NIBBS

From MCD.ie

Didn't know it had sold out, not that it matters now, but had intended getting a ticket at the end of the month.....ah well - will give a bit of a breather in the mounting October gig list....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

AHHHHHH **** IT

Acute illness my ass

They still play their American tour afaik

Last time i checked (last weekend) it wasn't sold out

Luckily i can spend my money on jedward tickets now :cool:

Advertisement