Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Infertility - Health Insurance

Options
  • 25-05-2010 4:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭

Hi just wondering does anybody know if any of the health insurance company's cover infertility treatment. I have tried Quinn and there is a waiting time of 52 weeks. Anyone know anything about Aviva or VHI.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,993 ✭✭✭3DataModem

They will all have a waiting period...best bet is to call them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭silja

I'm surprised they cover anything- when we went through treatment 3 years ago, they didn't cover anything (drugs, ultrasound scans, IUI, IVF etc), only some of the diagnostics (HSG, lap&dye).

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭bubbaloo

As far as I know Quinn are the only company to cover it at all and they only began covering fertility treatment last year! I went through years of crap, paying out thousands and never got a penny back! I would have thought that once one company started to cover it the others would have to follow....it might be worth ringing them to enquire. Good luck with everything!;)

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭kardarie

Thanks guys looks like i'll have to ring myself. Just looks like i'll have to wait 3 years for public hospital as i can't afford to go private myself. Very dissappointed with this. Thanks for your help. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭okiss

Quinn have €1000 in a lifetime for ivf ect but you need to ring them as it depends on the plan you are on. You may be able to claim 20% of the cost back with the med one form from the tax office and you need to keep all your receipts.

• Advertisement
Advertisement