Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chipmunks

Options
  • 25-05-2010 4:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 44

Hi everyone. I know im only new to this site but I really have to ask you all for help... I am desperately looking for a female chipmunk, to keep my own chippie company. He seems very lonely because his previous buddy broke out and did a runner!!!! Im finding it so hard to find one in Ireland. I have tried dozens of pet stores, but preferably I want to buy from a breeder.

I greatly appreciate any help you can give me.

Alan.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

You might have to try the UK to get one, before hand (if not done already) increase the security of their housing incl. a double door system if you haven't one already.
    Do ask around as well though, I know it's a long shot but you could put a post on the irishanimals lost and found section, you never know someone might of spotted her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 545 ✭✭✭ghost_ie

There used to be a breeder around the Crumlin area. We got a pair from him about 12 years ago. Unfortunately I can't remember his name or address. If you try the pet shop in Drimnagh he might have the names of any breeders in the area.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,536 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

I've seen some in Kinsealy Pet Store recently. Call them and ask if they still have them, or where they get them from.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Alan Ashe

Hi everyone. Thanks for your help. I have done everything you said. I contacted many pet stores around Crumlin, but unfortunately no chippies. I put an advertisement on the Irish animal site for lost and found, just in case someone sees my Frasier. I was already in the process of making a DIY aviary for them, so im going to make sure there is a double door system. And finally, I took the notion and just drove out to Kinsealy, and sure enough they had an 11 month old female. She is really healthy looking so i brought her back with me. I love the service from that pet store. They even gave me a home made transport cage for free. The chippie came in 5 euros under the normal price too. Im still watching for Frasier, and hopefully I see him some time soon.

Thanks again everyone for your help. Ill be breeding chippies of my own soon,,, well hopefully!!!

Alan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 Kalahari

I've seen them in newlands garden centre a good few times, fairly recently too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭fend

Pet World in Galway had a few a couple of weeks ago. Give them a ring, they might be able to direct you

Advertisement