Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

JSA & Part time masters??

Options
  • 25-05-2010 4:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭

Howdy

Is it possible to remain on JSA while completing a part time masters course? The course would be evenings & weekends so I dont see how it would affect someones daily serach for work.

thanx

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭breedie

Hi Mr Yellow.

For what it's worth, I got JSA while doing my Masters. It was full time but in the evenings. I just brought them in the letter confirming my place and showed them where it specified lectures 6.30-9.30 pm. this meant that I was 'technically' available for work during the day and they were fine. Well, when I say 'fine' I just told them the info and then I didn't go near them with any other query for the rest of the year. Remember that a lot of people working there only deal with the same questions day in and day out and situations like ours can throw them for a loop so be nice, act a little bewildered and don't take no for an answer. Point out that evening courses are designed that way so that people with jobs can attend them, you just don't happen to have one! Good luck with it!

Advertisement