Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Secondary school graduation

Options
  • 25-05-2010 5:23pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 188 ✭✭

Hy guys! What should boys wear for a secondary school graduation ceremony?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭gant0

Some schoools wear suites but the lads in my school are just wearing jeans/tops etc nothing too fancy....see we plan on going clubbing afdterwards so suites wouldn't be a great idea.I know some people the wore suites to the ceremony and the got changed in the car or wherever afterwards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭seanbmc

Hello

My grad was last night, it was compulsory to have a shirt and tie. Most people wore a waistcoat over it or wore a full suit. We all looked sharp for teh pictures anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭pervertedcoffee

We were 'in costume' during the day - or casual and a bit dressy for the mass in the evening. Good craic ^^-

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭gemxpink

Everyone here has to wear the aul uniform!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭theowen

gemxpink wrote: »
    Everyone here has to wear the aul uniform!
    Burnage. Dude in my class wore tracksuit bottoms and a t-shirt=definition of casual.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

Uniform for us, can't say I mind tbh. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Had mine last night as well wore a suit myself as did most people. The odd few just had shirt and black slacks. Marjority had suit

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭aine92

Uniforms, I think it looks nice..last time you'll ever make use of the old dog so may as well :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭seanbmc

What did you guys get up to on your garduation night then?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Healium

We have to wear uniform...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭ldxo15wus6fpgm

aine92 wrote: »
    Uniforms, I think it looks nice..last time you'll ever make use of the old dog so may as well :D

You need it for the exams.

Couple of eejits went around the school letting people sign their only school shirts on our unofficial last day... don't know if the markers will come out, but they won't be let in to the exam hall with writing all over their shirts.

Anyway, we're wearing smartcasual i.e. shirts, but shortsleeved etc. with t-shirts underneath, and jeans or cords, nothing too formal. Wouldn't want to be caught in a suit on a scorching hot day, been there and it's not pleasant to say the least.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

You need it for the exams.

Couple of eejits went around the school letting people sign their only school shirts on our unofficial last day... don't know if the markers will come out, but they won't be let in to the exam hall with writing all over their shirts.

Anyway, we're wearing smartcasual i.e. shirts, but shortsleeved etc. with t-shirts underneath, and jeans or cords, nothing too formal. Wouldn't want to be caught in a suit on a scorching hot day, been there and it's not pleasant to say the least.

I'm almost certain that you don't. It is a state exam, and what if your school happened to be the exam center for external students or whathaveyou. I couldn't imagine wearing a uniform doing the exams in this heat. Oh sweet lord....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Crow92

Ok so you don't need it for exams itself but the centres in which they are all placed in have their own rules which the participents of those centres are subject to and the schools who hold the exams centers reserve the right to refuse a student if they're told to wear a uniform and don't

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Crow92 wrote: »
    Ok so you don't need it for exams itself but the centres in which they are all placed in have their own rules which the participents of those centres are subject to and the schools who hold the exams centers reserve the right to refuse a student if they're told to wear a uniform and don't

Ah, I see. My old school said they'd prefer if we wore em, but we didn't have to. Ah well:o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭DancingQueen:)

Mine's tonight, I've to wear my uniform and then round 7ish I go home and get changed so I can go out after :D Looking forward to it but it's sad all the same. I'm wearing my uniform for the Leaving aswel, they said it'd be too distracting otherwise!

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭aine92

We dont wear ours during the exams, its traditional to wear it on the first day but after that you can wear what you want. Especially in this heat, thank god!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭LC2010HIS

ours was yesterday wore our uniform
    Twas alrite... pretty disappointing.
    They had a slideshow. The "popular" crowd did it as surprise. Me n my friends were all excited until we realised we were the only people left outta the slideshow . . .
    Im fecking delighted to be done with school now after that!!! some people dont ever change :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Vinoveritas

If they did it deliberately - then that was incredibly hurtful and you are completely right to feel upset. It is great that you are finished school and can move into a new phase in your life - well away from people who get a kick out of covering up their own inadequacies by trying to make other people feel small. Good luck with whatever you decide to do next in your life :)

If they did it deliberately - then that was incredibly hurtful and you are completely right to feel upset. It is great that you are finished school and can move into a new phase in your life - well away from people who get a kick out of covering up their own inadequacies by trying to make other people feel small. Good luck with whatever you decide to do next in your life :)

stop now lol it defo was deliberate.
    They're so wrapped up in their own clique. And teachers love um so they get away with everything!
    No such thing as togetherness/equality at our school. Teachers are as corrupt.
    I was kinda surprised they were let away with putting up pics of the clique clubbing and drinking. All from bebo and facebook
    It was deliberate coz believe me ,there was tons of pic of me n my friends to choose from. Sneaky *bleeps*

• Registered Users Posts: 4,041 ✭✭✭who the fug

What in gods name is a Secondary school graduation?

• Advertisement

For me,
    Its a mickey mouse set up about "oh my god im gonna miss you despite making your life hell all these years"..

Just a ceremony about 6th yr ending. Apparently we'll never see people again - which is why we have the debs isnt it? . . :rolleyes:

Advertisement