Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

MTF 0063 saab transmission oil

• 25-05-2010 5:33pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭

Just reading up a bit about changing the manual transmission oil on saab 9-5s. Apparently from 1996 up to 2002 cars used the synthetic oil. From then on they used the "0063" type. The two are not to be mixed, so you have to flush the old oil by draining it, filling with new stuff and doing this 3 times ( bit expensive!).Now I believe it changed from the chassis nos 9-3 (Trollhattan) 22023982,9-3 (Finland) 27007452 ,9-5 23027675.I have a 2002 model with the chassis no ending in 23024232.Does this mean that I have the old type oil I wonder? Anyway even you have the new stuff do you really have to flush it?

P.S I know the handbook/workshop manual says no need to change it but is a little notchy in 5th and reverse.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,521 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Hello, it does sound like you have the older synth stuff in it unless it was changed already (for example under warranty).

You could do a visual check. The new stuff is coloured dark red (red wine), whereas the old stuff is brown.

Thinking of changing to the MTF 0063 on my 9-5 too but haven't looked for a supplier yet. Where from will you buy yours?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭jimmyw

samih wrote: »
    Hello, it does sound like you have the older synth stuff in it unless it was changed already (for example under warranty).

You could do a visual check. The new stuff is coloured dark red (red wine), whereas the old stuff is brown.

Thinking of changing to the MTF 0063 on my 9-5 too but haven't looked for a supplier yet. Where from will you buy yours?

Thanks, would it not go black over time though.I dont where you can get it apart from the stealer dealer.Halfords dont have it. Tried GSF parts aswell (online mind).Might have to bite the bullet (and my tongue;)) and try the dealer:(.I read somewhere that it was changed in January 02 though aswell.

http://www.molyslip.com/products/oil...il-supplement/

Thanks but I am a bit reluctant to put in additives.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭jimmyw

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMM :rolleyes::confused::confused: I rang around a few places today and some mentioned that they had the oil (didn't say what type) , and in 5l quantities and another said you can put in 75/90 gear oil :(.I asked if this was regular oil and they said no, regular gear oil is just single grade.I also asked does it need to be flushed first, and they said no again. Just get it good and warm and just drain it.Does anyone here have or know what grade the MTF 0063 is, or are they correct?? GGGGGGGGGGGGGGGRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!

Advertisement