Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

can u be mates with girls?

Options
  • 25-05-2010 5:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 453 ✭✭

can guys be friends with girls?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

It's not impossible.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

Yes, two of my best friends are guys. I can talk to them about pretty much anything.
    Although there is people who will say that there will always be one who wants more at some point, but I really don't think that's true.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

No. Guys only want one thing, and girls just like to ruin all the fun.

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Yes

NEXT!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

Only if they don't get up to any shenanigans...

• Advertisement

Novella wrote: »
    No. Guys only want one thing, and girls just like to ruin all the fun.

:rolleyes:
    So what you're saying is being nice is the best way to never get any?

Aye gosh durn knew it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,082 ✭✭✭Pygmalion

I can.

You can't.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

Yes! Depends on your type of personality and maturity I guess. At this young ole age, with hormones and whatnot, it's a remote prospect for many teens. Girls make good friends anyway, but they're all different tbh. Some are *****, some are sound. This is exactly like guys (some are *****, some are sound), except they're girls. :P

Hope that didn't confuse you much. :P

Unless you're ravaged by an uncontrollable urge to pursue sex at all times, you should be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

Mates? Like mating? Yes. You can mate with girls.

Mates as in friends? No, I'm pretty sure that's not possible. I have a friend (male, of course) who tried it once and ended up fathering about 6 babies. It was messy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

Yes. I have friends who are girls. It's not weird, though at one stage or another I would have like to "be" with some of them, but it's not like I couldn't deal with it and get over any urges I had.

So long may it continue!

Also, having girls as friends is better in some ways than having guy friends. It's just different. But as the saying goes "You can bate the wife, but you can't bate the craic with the lads."

And on that very sexist and very immature note, I'll vacate...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

Yes, definitely.
    Sometimes I find boys are so much easier to get on with than girls. Even in primary school...then when I started secondary school I didn't really have that many, but over the last while I've made loads of new friends that are boys, and if you don't think of them in that way, it's almost effortless. They can be so much simpler...and maybe boys see girls as simpler too, kinda doubtful though...I know I wouldn't. But they seem to like just being friends all the same :pac:
    And about boys always wanting more, I don't believe it. Some do, but some are just happy being friends, like I am.
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭D-Generate

kateos2 wrote: »
    Yes, two of my best friends are guys. I can talk to them about pretty much anything.
    Although there is people who will say that there will always be one who wants more at some point, but I really don't think that's true.

Its not can girls be friends with guys, its about can guys be friends with girls. In my experience it is no, well as in you can't be friends without finding them attractive and want to do the deed with them! I honestly can't think of any female friend of mine who I wouldn't bone under certain circumstances (i.e drink).
    I guess on reflection I just don't really have much of an interest in talking to girls who I don't find attractive. But then again I find that a lot of what I consider ugly girls to have personalities that grate on me a little as they try to be overly funny and/or loud.

Kateos, either your two pals got the hots for each other or else I guarantee you one of them wants to bump uglies with you.

On a side note I think a true test as to whether you have a good girlfriend is to ask yourself would you be mates with them if they were a guy. If yes then that is one cool girl, if no.... well then continue knocking boots until something else comes along, just don't spend too much time in their mind numbing company.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 453 ✭✭gonnaplayrugby

u keep believing dat lol

• Registered Users Posts: 13,237 ✭✭✭✭djimi

Girls usually think so. Guys usually know better...

Im not saying that guys cant be mates with girls, but any girl who thinks her guy friend hasnt thought about her like that at least once is deluded...

Unless you're ravaged by an uncontrollable urge to pursue sex at all times, you should be fine.
    We all know that being a nice guy implies friendship with a woman (or 'friendzone' as some television show called it.)

One being ravaged by the uncontrollable urge to pursue sex at all times means that they cannot befriend a girl.

Can we deduce from this that one cannot be a nice person AND have the uncontrollable urge to pursue sex at all times?

Perhaps we can divide ourselves into three sets:
    Nice guys
    Dirty Perverts
    Some jerk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭Closed ac

Yes, just be prepared to have to listen to all their problems! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

D-Generate wrote: »
    Its not can girls be friends with guys, its about can guys be friends with girls. In my experience it is no, well as in you can't be friends without finding them attractive and want to do the deed with them! I honestly can't think of any female friend of mine who I wouldn't bone under certain circumstances (i.e drink).
    I guess on reflection I just don't really have much of an interest in talking to girls who I don't find attractive. But then again I find that a lot of what I consider ugly girls to have personalities that grate on me a little as they try to be overly funny and/or loud.

Kateos, either your two pals got the hots for each other or else I guarantee you one of them wants to bump uglies with you.

On a side note I think a true test as to whether you have a good girlfriend is to ask yourself would you be mates with them if they were a guy. If yes then that is one cool girl, if no.... well then continue knocking boots until something else comes along, just don't spend too much time in their mind numbing company.

This saddens me.

Its not can girls be friends with guys, its about can guys be friends with girls. In my experience it is no, well as in you can't be friends without finding them attractive and want to do the deed with them!

But in fairness, that's under the assumption that there's no possible chance that the girl could be attracted to the guy, which is utter crap. Of course the girl can find a male friend of hers attractive.
    And so what if either of them happen to find the other attractive? That doesn't mean they can't be friends.

I find my friends attractive, but I'd value our friendship more than being with them once or twice, then having total awkwardness afterwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭nellyshark

Just like any friendship you become friends because there is some sort of chemistry there. For boy boy friendship either they are fun, like sports like you or whatever, you become friends with them. My case being that you are not friends with people you dont like. I am not talking about saluting someone, proper friendly with each other. Now apply this logic to boy girl friendship, there has to be some form of chemistry there, again they can be fun, like the same things etc. Again you are not friendly with someone you dont like. What fs up the friendship is the sexual aspect of it ;) In short in your are friends with a girl and there is sexual chemistry then you are not going to be 'friends'

• Advertisement

People who say guys can't be friends with a girl without wanting to bone them are just wrong.

Over the years I've hung out with several ugly girls.

djimi wrote: »
    Girls usually think so. Guys usually know better...

Im not saying that guys cant be mates with girls, but any girl who thinks her guy friend hasnt thought about her like that at least once is deluded...

That's true, but how do you know girls haven't thought the same thing?

Jay P wrote: »
    That's true, but how do you know girls haven't thought the same thing?

They tell me.

Every day :(

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

It genuinely shocks and worries me that someone can look at things like this.
    And the part in bold just shows a lot about you

• Registered Users Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭cian1500ww

Depends on how close of friends they are tbh...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭Extrasupervery

Yes. Why yes you can.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

Oh wow, I didn't think this thread actually needed serious answers! :o

Of course guys and girls can be friends. My best friend is a guy. Is he attractive? Yup. Would I sleep with him? No. Nothing would ever happen between the two of us because while I love him as a friend, I wouldn't wanna be his girlfriend and I'm sure he wouldn't want me to be either. It has nothing to do with whether he's attractive or not, we just don't have any sexual chemistry.

Guys and girls can be friends, and maybe one party (not always the guy) will wonder what the other person is like in bed and that's fine, I think that's completely normal.

It doesn't

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭wanrek

Yes, but only up until they sleep with them...:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

I left it open because I thought it might lead to a somewhat relevant and interesting discussion.

But on second thoughts.....

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement