Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Frankie Boyle Vicar St 25-29 May

• 25-05-2010 6:03pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 173 ✭✭

Anyone going? I'm going tomorow night and I cant bloody wait.
    Ever since I first seen him on TV years ago I couldn't wait for him to get over here.

Anyway that's not all, where's good to go afterwards? I heard a vicious rumour that drinks are only €2 in Dicey's on a Wednesday ! :eek: ! €2!!!
    I can't remeber the last time I got anything outta €2, anyone know if this is true?

( What they didnt say at the olympics)...
    Just looking through the names of this Chinese team, is making me feel hungry.
    Nobody can touch this Russian athlete, except from her coach and her uncle.
    Now over to Gabby Logan, who's going to tell us whether or not shes a transvestite.
    Now over to the rythmic gymnastics, at which point you might want to start beating out you're own rythym, at home.
    Now i cant be the only one thinking just what it would be like, to shag this gymnast.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29 mullyfive0

I'm going tomorrow night. Let me know if there is support or if Frankie is doing a good 2hrs.

Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Publicdiservice

Dicey's is a massive €2.50 or €3 on a wednesday, think they start at €2 on a monday and go up gradually, still great value though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Mister Sifter

I went last night and he was excellent. He came on around 9.15 for just over an hour. Support is from the Canadian comedian Craig Campbell who came on at 8pm and did a 20-25 minute slot. Campbell is worth seeing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 565 ✭✭✭Millie

Great to hear a positive review.
    We are heading to see him on Sat night and looking forward to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 suzy66

Sorry to disappoint you all but I was there last night and was totally unimpressed by his act. I would have been a big fan and was really looking forward to seeing him but of the 75 mins he was on, if we got 10 mins of good stuff we were doing well :-( He could have been playing anywhere in the UK, none of his act had any reference to Ireland....all Cameron, Clegg, Brown stuff and just not funny! Baby P, Madeleine McCann, Gerry and Kate McCann...maybe at the time it happened it was relevant but unfortunately not now. I'd say you'll get the same old act all week...stale and boring. Bring back BillHicks, all is forgiven! Will be interested to see what you all think so let us know! Cheers!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭Linguo

We went last night and thought he was brilliant, we felt ill from laughing!:D It's the only type of gig where you look forward to people heckling because he destroys them, it's hilarious:) He played from 9.15 to 10.30, hope everyone going tonight enjoys!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Mister Sifter

Linguo wrote: »
    We went last night and thought he was brilliant, we felt ill from laughing!:D It's the only type of gig where you look forward to people heckling because he destroys them, it's hilarious:) He played from 9.15 to 10.30, hope everyone going tonight enjoys!

+1

My throat and face are pretty sore today due to the laughing. I'm not too sure what Suzy66 was expecting. He touched on stuff relating to Ireland a good few times. Some of the stuff he was saying about British politics was outrageously funny.

As for the Baby P, Madeleine McCann stuff - they may be old topics, but what he said about them was very, very funny.

The only thing stale about last night was the smell of Vicar Street. Absolutely honking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

I was there last night and thought he was very funny. To say he made no reference to Ireland is plain wrong. There was a heckle about our "prime minister" and he actually knew how to pronounce "taoiseach" properly. He also mentioned coming to Donegal on holidays as his family is from there. Some of the jokes might be about older news stories, but they're too good to throw away just because the story isn't on the front page any more. I'd love to go again, but the tickets were like gold dust and I was very fortunate to get the one I did get in the end.

Couple of quick mentions, one for the support act Craig Campbell who was excellent too, and one for the programme, which is very funny, offensive and great value at a fiver!

Remember kids, always buy your carrots (and hamsters) in pairs!

Yeah it was very stinky in there!!!:confused: Not nice! We had standing tix so we were dead by the end of it! I'd say everyone near the front was terrified to use the toilets, a good tip for people going tonight is make sure you don't have to go during it! I saw one guy sneak out from the front row when Frankie turned his back to him for a minute but don't think he returned to his seat, was too scared!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭salutations

It says on my email for Friday night there's an 8.30 start (tickets to be collected at box office). Is there anyone else goin Friday who has this time. Would it be later on a Friday or is that a mistake as most have said the support started at 8pm.
    Cheers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭Vudgie

The support started last night just after 8:30pm which was followed by a short interval.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

Went to see his show last night.
    He's one funny fecker.
    Some very very very sensitive material - ha ha

Strongly recommended.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Why should a non-Irish performer be expected to tailor their material to Ireland and include Irish jokes? Ridiculous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭messrs

going 2moro nite - cant wait!! tink my seats are near the front so am hoping he wont pick on us!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 565 ✭✭✭Millie

Going on Sat night and think I purchased the first two tickets in row 1 so very nervous now.
    No pee's for me so.....

Yeah try not to if you can help it cause he most likely will pick on you! If you want to be chatted to though it's a good way to get noticed by him! He was asking people about their jobs mainly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 348 ✭✭bret69

Does the support act start at 8 or 8:30 does anyone know?

Also what time does Frankie finish roughly?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,680 ✭✭✭FatGirlSlim

10.30 exactly for us the first night, enjoy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭ams

bret69 wrote: »
    Does the support act start at 8 or 8:30 does anyone know?

Also what time does Frankie finish roughly?

8.30 and 10.30 last night

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭furtzy

Did he do an encore last night? We just left like everyone else when he finished

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭Zamboni

He was class last night.
    Best €28 I've spent in a long long time.

Craig Campbell was good too.

Vicar Street is the smelliest venue in Dublin.
    The whole place stinks of puke.
    All the floors desperately need to be re-done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭gazzer

I went with 6 mates to see hin last night and we all thought he was fantastic. I was sore from so much laughing. I knew his jokes were going to be close to the bone but f**king hell some of them made me go "Did he really say that" :D

2 in particular
    The one about Jordan marrying Alex Reid so that there would be somebody in the house strong enough to stop Harvey from trying to shag her
    The whole thing about down syndrome kids and slobbering

Great night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,807 ✭✭✭take everything

Wasn't that impressed tbh.
    I think he's been watching too much Sarah Silverman tbh.
    Shock first, be funny second.
    Also most of it was centred around tired UK celeb material, hardly any general stuff or Irish slant at all.
    Seemed limited.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,247 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Wasn't that impressed tbh.
    I think he's been watching too much Sarah Silverman tbh.
    Shock first, be funny second.
    Also most of it was centred around tired UK celeb material, hardly any general stuff or Irish slant at all.
    Seemed limited.
    He's not Irish...Dublin is a stop on the UK tour, just like Birmingham is. i doubt he is going to re-write his jokes for one stop.

Advertisement