Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transfer abuse

Options
  • 25-05-2010 6:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

Got reported for transfer abuse!?:confused::eek:

this is the mail i got:
    This is an automatic message regarding a report about you in relation to possible transfer abuse. Click here to view the conversation where this issue will be resolved.

Both you and the person who reported you have been given access to this conversation so that discussion can take place. Blackout Rugby Game Masters will also be taking part in the discussion and may ask questions to help them come to a decision. Please cooperate with them as best you can and answer any questions they may have.

it is in relation to this Player. the bid was on 2,000 (as I said in another thread) and jumped up to 72,000 in one bid. Anyone had this happen before and what is the process?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,203 ✭✭✭crisco10

eoferrall wrote: »
    Hi guys,

Got reported for transfer abuse!?:confused::eek:

this is the mail i got:

it is in relation to this Player. the bid was on 2,000 (as I said in another thread) and jumped up to 72,000 in one bid. Anyone had this happen before and what is the process?

Never happened me! but you can see why it looks dodge, a fairly average player. Crazy high bid from a newly registered team. Although I see he is premium so should be easy tracked and proved not to be you.

Just goes to show though, people are watching!

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭satory

crisco10 wrote: »
    Never happened me! but you can see why it looks dodge, a fairly average player. Crazy high bid from a newly registered team. Although I see he is premium so should be easy tracked and proved not to be you.

Doesnt look good that the guy is only new.. interesting to see who the accuser is? is it someone random, or someone that watches these threads?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭eoferrall

crisco10 wrote: »

satory wrote: »
    Doesnt look good that the guy is only new.. interesting to see who the accuser is? is it someone random, or someone that watches these threads?

Don't know who the person who reported it is, say he was the person outbid though!;)

The mod of the forum that i was sent to says there appears to be no link between myself and the team. the team that bid is already running two teams... they are being investigated and a decision will be made. but they said they will try to be fair to me as it appears to them I am telling the truth and have no connection - just the lucky one he bid on!:rolleyes:

Edit: oh and yes I agree it looks very dodge with him registering today and all that!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭TheVoodoo

Last season i was pinged for ' Transfare abuse '. Got the same message as you.

A 600csr guy got promoted from my acadamy, and he was like was a cheap roster filler ( 1 k per week ) so i put him up for sale, for 1k. I logged in the next day, and the bid was at 50k . Now, he was sh**e, utter useless, except for a roster filler.

Acording to the BR moderator, 'i got a friend of mine to bid the money for him'. This was not the case and i argued my point, and did'nt give up. He kept saying '' You got your mate to do it, did'nt you? Just admit it and i'll let you off easier ''

The trade was cancelled, and i was warned, and now am flagged. The other guys account was banned. All further trades that i make will be subject to moderator approval. Total Bullsh**e if you ask me.

I'm guessing you'll be grilled and asked if a friend of yours did it. Just keep saying that you had noting to do with it, which you did'nt'.

The trade will be cancelled though, regardless.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭daveharnett

Most likely the other manager meant to auto bid up to 72k and neglected to tick the box. I wouldn't lose any sleep over it tbh - you can't control who bids on your players.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭eoferrall

TheVoodoo wrote: »
    Last season i was pinged for ' Transfare abuse '. Got the same message as you.

A 600csr guy got promoted from my acadamy, and he was like was a cheap roster filler ( 1 k per week ) so i put him up for sale, for 1k. I logged in the next day, and the bid was at 50k . Now, he was sh**e, utter useless, except for a roster filler.

Acording to the BR moderator, 'i got a friend of mine to bid the money for him'. This was not the case and i argued my point, and did'nt give up. He kept saying '' You got your mate to do it, did'nt you? Just admit it and i'll let you off easier ''

The trade was cancelled, and i was warned, and now am flagged. The other guys account was banned. All further trades that i make will be subject to moderator approval. Total Bullsh**e if you ask me.

I'm guessing you'll be grilled and asked if a friend of yours did it. Just keep saying that you had noting to do with it, which you did'nt'.

The trade will be cancelled though, regardless.

That was a bit harsh if you ask me Voodoo, I would have asked them to prove that I had done something wrong, ie prove you ran two teams or had communicated with another player etc. but essentially if you do not run the two teams I do not see how you can be punished as you were.

I would be demanding that my full access was restored or else a full refund of the premium (assuming you have paid) as you are not getting what you paid for.

I hope that doesnt happen me!
    Most likely the other manager meant to auto bid up to 72k and neglected to tick the box. I wouldn't lose any sleep over it tbh - you can't control who bids on your players.

This was my view, there was no link between us, it is up to them to prove there was wrongdoing. and unless they can prove I had something to do with it then I should not be punished.

Sounds to me like the moderator in Voodoo's case wanted the player and was p1ssed that someone else had got him as he didnt want to bid 50k+!:D

Voodoo - I am sure you could contact someone now and get it sorted surely?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,645 ✭✭✭krissovo

In my scenario one of my crap players sold for 200k to a French lad, it was from a team trying to go bankrupt so they spent all their money on the first player on the transfer list.

The process sucks, they make you feel really bad and of course you are guilty until proven innocent. Hold your ground and insist on normal rights and it will soon blow over. You will be "watched" in the future and I still have to prove who I am on the odd occasion as a few of us play in the office and we have similar or shared IP addresses.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,866 ✭✭✭daheff

i've seen players suddenly jump in price on the TM before too. I was bidding on a 35K CSR player(he has no club)this week and my auto bid was only to about 50K..someone else was bidding thru my autobid...looked like they got p1ssed off keep getting out bid so they then went from about 35K to 200K in one go!! Way outta my league to bid that kinda money

Advertisement