Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When do ye finish?

Options
  • 25-05-2010 7:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭

Third years in my school technically finish Friday and we are given the option to come in and "study" next week! I'm undecided yet what i'll do - by going into study we will just be in normal class rooms so there will be messing/talking/distractions. So I think I'll stay at home :confused:

What's the story in your schools. :D
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,683 ✭✭✭bevan619

They keep telling us we don't finish until next week but I doubt that.

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭Blue_Seas

We have our regular timetable and have to go in for the whole week ._.
    We'll be in different rooms because of Summer Exams but in my opinion I should be allowed to stay at home and cram for the big exams like History instead of stuck in a room with my Religion teacher banging on about how Atheism is a threat to Christianity...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭bluejay14

At assembly today they said that they still haven't decided!!:eek: It will most likely be next Wednesday though.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

kevin12345 wrote: »
    Third years in my school technically finish Friday and we are given the option to come in and "study" next week! I'm undecided yet what i'll do - by going into study we will just be in normal class rooms so there will be messing/talking/distractions. So I think I'll stay at home :confused:

What's the story in your schools. :D

This, exactly. Except they allow people not coming in but "highly enourage you do" Ill probs do half days or something, dont wanna go in all day every day..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭kevin12345

Blue_Seas wrote: »
    We have our regular timetable and have to go in for the whole week ._.
    We'll be in different rooms because of Summer Exams but in my opinion I should be allowed to stay at home and cram for the big exams like History instead of stuck in a room with my Religion teacher banging on about how Atheism is a threat to Christianity...

1 solution....don't go in :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭WanderingSoul

We have to come in and we finish on the 2nd.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

We finish on 4th June. But we have a half day the last thursday and friday.

The 3rd years in all the other schools here are finished so our class started a petition to let us finich this Friday. I have a feeling it won't work out so well though.......

The 3rd years in all the other schools here are finished so our class started a petition to let us finich this Friday. I have a feeling it won't work out so well though.......

Best of luck with that :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,640 ✭✭✭DylanS09

Or you could just do what our 6th years did!
    Eggs and crickets my friend...lots of them!
    They got off about a week early...and got on page 4 of the Irish Examiner!:cool:

• Advertisement

DylanS09 wrote: »
    They got off about a week early...and got on page 4 of the Irish Examiner!:cool:
    Our 6th years do a prank every year.

Last year, they put all the exam hall furniture on the roof, set off crickets and other bugs from reptile food in the central area.

The year before they set off 3 sheep in the school with the numbers 1,3 and 4 painted on their backs. The teachers spent 2 hours looking for sheep number 2.

The year before they let off hundreds of frogs in the school.

This year they put loads of dead fish in the vents and they all got sent home 2 days early. It was a crap one.

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭patakadarragh

Jackobyte wrote: »

The year before they set off 3 sheep in the school with the numbers 1,3 and 4 painted on their backs. The teachers spent 2 hours looking for sheep number 2.
    QUOTE]

Where in the name of god did the 6th yrs get 3 sheep and how did they bring them to school....im sure the teachers would notice a group of 18 year olds ariving to school with 3 sheep in a trailer........

• Registered Users Posts: 24 flabee113

Finishing tommorow, don't have to go in all next week:cool:

QUOTE]

Where in the name of god did the 6th yrs get 3 sheep and how did they bring them to school....im sure the teachers would notice a group of 18 year olds ariving to school with 3 sheep in a trailer........
    Dunno where they got them, or how they got them there, but they got them into the school buildings and let them roam freely!

That was a good one haha!

Do you go to st mary's :eek: haha i live in tipp too so we heard about them :D All the 6th years got suspended ya? :rolleyes:

I have a feeling our petition failed.:(

Everyone is now saying that we won't finish until next Friday:eek:. Completely unfair because TY's finished yesterday and even 1st years finish next Wednesday!:mad: They better be wrong becaus eeveryone said that they'll only come in Monday and Tuesday and I'm not sure if my mam willl let me stay at home because I think that she thinks it's better if I go in to classes although we aren't doing anything and there would only be about 3 of us in.

I have a feeling our petition failed.:(

Everyone is now saying that we won't finish until next Friday:eek:. Completely unfair because TY's finished yesterday and even 1st years finish next Wednesday!:mad: They better be wrong becaus eeveryone said that they'll only come in Monday and Tuesday and I'm not sure if my mam willl let me stay at home because I think that she thinks it's better if I go in to classes although we aren't doing anything and there would only be about 3 of us in.

That's totally unfair :eek: Like in school we are all meant to be "revising" in class with our teachers. But the teachers just babble on about something totally unrelated and some people are messing, what I intend to do for the next week and a half is get up at 9 take my breaks like in school, finish at half 3 and that's loads done :D

Hopefully you get off :)

Do you go to st mary's :eek: haha i live in tipp too so we heard about them :D All the 6th years got suspended ya? :rolleyes:
    They did ya!
    They got expelled...or suspended for the rest of the year! Same thing I suppose!
    There's one 6th year actually!
    He was out the day of the chaos, so he's left in!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 329 ✭✭mista_2k10

Im not finishing until the 4th :mad:, because next tuesday,wednesday and thursday were having triple maths,english,irish etc them days :eek: which i think is kinda stupid tbh

• Advertisement

We finish on 4th June. But we have a half day the last thursday and friday.
    Headmaster told us today that "if we are good" for the rest of the time, we will finish on the 3rd...:rolleyes:

They did ya!
    They got expelled...or suspended for the rest of the year! Same thing I suppose!
    There's one 6th year actually!
    He was out the day of the chaos, so he's left in!

hahaha what pranks did they pull :D

hahaha what pranks did they pull :D

It was blown out of proportion really.....they let off a dozen crcikets at assembly Padjo went spare! Pulled down a basketball hoop...pelted all the teachers with eggs and tomatoes and a guy broke his nose and another guy broke his arm....

It was mob rule like stuff and the teachers were scared!:eek:

Loads of innocent 6th yrs pissed off because their woodywork projects aint finished!:eek:

Only 6th yr left is a bit harmmless we will say.

It was blown out of proportion really.....they let off a dozen crcikets at assembly Padjo went spare! Pulled down a basketball hoop...pelted all the teachers with eggs and tomatoes and a guy broke his nose and another guy broke his arm....

It was mob rule like stuff and the teachers were scared!:eek:

Loads of innocent 6th yrs pissed off because their woodywork projects aint finished!:eek:

Only 6th yr left is a bit harmmless we will say.

Wow :eek: surely not all 6th years were involved!! Stupid decision to expell/suspend them all :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭Bears and Vodka

We were meant to finish today, but the Principal thought there's no point in keeping us and let us go yesterday.

principal announced today was our last day :D

4 more days...Just 4 more days...!
    Then I'm FREEE...... for about 5 days...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭Closed ac

4 more days...Just 4 more days...!
    Then I'm FREEE...... for about 5 days...

Same, June 4th for me!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭WanderingSoul

I'm off on Wednesday. :D

• Advertisement

I'm technically finished but I'm being forced to go in to study :eek: Did like 5 and a half hours in school today so taking the evening off :D

Advertisement