Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CONSTRUCTION!!! :(

Options
  • 25-05-2010 7:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭

Hey, What drawings is everyone learning? I only know the window! Any predictions or tips? I'm sorta FREAKING OUT!! I would really appreicate any help!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 mikey69

emmm id learn "cill and head detail"..... "strip foundation".... "eaves detail"..... "timber load bearing wall" and "stairs detail"

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭ajjmk

my teacher seems pretty sure the stairs is gonna come up..:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭johnmcdnl

Learn the U Values off - easiest question on the paper...

look over the drawings.. seeing as you have to do them it'd be a HUGE help to know a few of them... you can get them off t4.ie i think so have a look..

stairs are tipped - either the top or the bottom.. just remember twice the rise by the going has to be... 550-700 and 42* maximum angle...

safety is a good question and it's pretty much common sense most of the time so..

and knowing a lot about insulation helps.. insulation is the answer to everything..:cool:

that'd be my few tips anyways..

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭trepasers

Could the stairs be given as a question 1 ???

Advertisement