Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The worst electrician ever!!

Options
  • 25-05-2010 7:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭

Ok, in a few months, hopefully when i pass my final exam for my apprenticeship, I will probably be the worst electrician ever. Not that it's my fault, but it's been that long since I've stepped foot on any kind of construction site that I genuinely don't have a clue about anything that I should certainly know at this stage. I finished Phase4 in December and before then, I hadn't worked since August of last year. The only kind of electrical work I've ever really done is 1st fixing on residential jobs as my boss at the time had seperate teams for 1st and 2nd fix. I cant even imagine trying to explain to a potential new employer how little I know, it's actually embarrassing. At this stage I'd actually genuinely work for free just to keep the whole learning process going. I'm also considering doing something else in college when I've qualified, maybe something like theatre/stage lighting as I've always been interested in getting into this.

Any other apprentices getting this feeling? And also anyone involved in theatre/stage lighting that could give me any info on getting into this would be much appeciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

Dont worry about it I've worked with plenty of qualified sparks who I wouldnt trust to put batteries in my torch.

As for working for free,I'm out of work myself since finishing phase 4 in March but have a family to feed so I couldnt do it but if you can I'd say do it.Few contractors on these boards maybe one of them might give you some work

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Curry Addict

i remember feeling like that in the last year of my degree in electrical engineering. slightly different, yes, but cop on and will to make it goes a long long way.

Advertisement