Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eurovision 2010.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Fergus

kerbdog wrote: »
    "Ah jasus Joe, she was like German but Australian at the same time!"

Ah yeah.. but in FAAAIRNESS..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭baalthor

ynotdu wrote: »
    Serves us right for how crappy We treated East Euoropeans immigrant workers during our smug 'selfish' Tiger days!:p:pac:;):)

We must also have pissed off the Western, Central, Northern and Southern Europeans as well :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭Closed ac

Ireland came joint 9th in the semi final, along with Cyprus.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭shinny

It's all over now. How did we get lulled into thinking it would be different this year?

• Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭Vudgie

The German song has already been a big hit around Europe so its no great suprise. I'd say the UK may re-evaluate giving the competition so much cash every year.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,032 ✭✭✭DWCommuter

I dont know where it goes from here..

On and on as Eastern Europe is so culturally backward that it really needs stuff like Eurovision so it can inflict its attempts at music on the rest of the world.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭CoDy1

Looks like Europe still haven't forgiven us over Dustin.

Don't blame them.

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭KrazeeEyezKilla

We pi$$ed off half of Europe by voting No to Lisbon and pi$$ed of the other half of it by voting Yes the second time.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,937 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

shinny wrote: »
    It's all over now. How did we get lulled into thinking it would be different this year?

cos marty said so. MARTY SAID SO!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭ynotdu

baalthor wrote: »
    We must also have pissed off the Western, Central, Northern and Southern Europeans as well :D

:D:D:D

I sincerely hope We did:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭JohnMearsheimer

We should get Una Healy to represent Ireland next year....easy on the eye!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

Fergus wrote: »
    The Eurovision does tend to highlight how little we have in common with or understand these people we are in a political and monetary union with.

NO IT DOESNT! :mad: What are you basing this on?????????

Here is what ireland voted for:
    1 point turkey = came 2nd

2 for norway = came 20th

3 for azerbaijan = came 5th
    4 for uk =came last

5 for georgia = came 9th

6 for france = came 12th

7 for romania = came 3rd

8 for germany = cam 1st

10 for belgium = came 6th

12 for denmark = came 4th

So 3 of our top 4 we voted for finished in the top 4!
    Now how does that show we think any different than the rest of europe????

THAT RIGHT WE ARENT!
    Its just we came 3rd last and now we want to whinge that a whale dressed as barney's sister (as another poster said) that was stuck to the stage (didnt move an inch) with a boring song sung well enough didnt win!

We got what we deserved!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,264 ✭✭✭Pretty_Pistol

I wonder how Niamh's taking it...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Will there be an open top bus down O'Connell Street for Niamh on Monday?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭wicklowstar

We pi$$ed off half of Europe for voting No to Lisbon and pi$$ed of the other half of it by voting Yes the second time.
    There is probably a lot of truth in that..
    Well id say annoyed more by backing down the second time around

• Registered Users Posts: 4,251 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

cos marty said so. MARTY SAID SO!!!!

It's Marty's fault...why did we listen, why!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭dloob

FutureGuy wrote: »
    To be fair, it was easily in the top 10 songs on the night. Easily.

Well up near the top 10 anyway. It did get pushed down a bit by the block voting.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

I'm more worried about Marty :(

• Registered Users Posts: 28,476 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

The results obviously shows that the Irish song was not as good as the media here and Marty Whelan were saying.

Complain all you want about it being done by political voting but it was won by Germany and they are hardly the most popular nation in Europe.

Proves that a decent song can actually win it!

OPENROAD wrote: »
    I'm more worried about Marty :(

I know, he did sound fairly depressed. Poor Marty. He needs a cuddle. \:D/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭Caprica

Good to see one of the big 4 win, I didn't think it would ever happen again but the song was only ok. Her performance was so-so. Can not believe how far back Iceland was, they didn't get a single mark from us (despite my multiple votes), I thought it had one of the best reactions in the stadium.

Thought the mixing of jury and televoting would break down the block voting but no such luck. There is no way that Azerbaijan and Armenia should be at the top end and ourselves and Icleand so far back. How on earth could anyone give Belarus 12?

Really good interval act, much better that was dished out in the two semis. I never new boards could get so busy. Roll on 2011 in Germany, where will it be? Berlin, Bonn, Hamburg, Munich?

murpho999 wrote: »

It wasn't a decent song though. That's the kicker.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

I actually liked Ireland's entry this year and thought it deserved to do better.

Can I also say some of the comments about Niamh's appearance are pretty nasty....it's supposed to be a song contest, not a beauty contest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭wicklowstar

murpho999 wrote: »
    The results obviously shows that the Irish song was not as good as the media here and Marty Whelan were saying.

Complain all you want about it being done by political voting but it was won by Germany and they are hardly the most popular nation in Europe.

Agree with everything there, except the 'decent song' bit!
    Its a Kate Nash rip off, its like she modeled herself on her or something.. Very odd

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

She's a grounded person. I'm sure she's happy enough that tonight wasnt her first entry.. She would never win this competition, because
    a) she's not good looking enough
    b) there's was no dance troupe
    c) Geography/History/Politics
    I think she should just consider herself lucky enough that she's old enough to have competed and won in a different time for the Eurovision, because I dont think there is ANY way with ANY song that she could win it now..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 696 ✭✭✭coconut5

It's amazing how it's only Eurovision and it's not important, but it's still crap and disappointing when we don't do well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

mike65 wrote: »
    Will there be an open top bus down O'Connell Street for Niamh on Monday?
    She's not that big.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

Tomorrow = Day 1 of learning The Flash Mob Dance :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭CoDy1

Medium rare?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,032 ✭✭✭DWCommuter

I actually liked Ireland's entry this year and thought it deserved to do better.

Can I also say some of the comments about Niamh's appearance are pretty nasty....it's supposed to be a song contest, not a beauty contest.

They would be comments from infantile arseholes **** off in front of Eurovision because nobody else wishes to actually **** them off. Simple really.

Advertisement