Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eurovision 2010.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,579 ✭✭✭jaykay74

mike65 wrote: »
    Will there be an open top bus down O'Connell Street for Niamh on Monday?

Thats a bit rough, I'd say she probably fits in a regular car.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭wicklowstar

CoDy1 wrote: »
    Medium rare?
    HA HA..:D;)

• Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭Vudgie

I actually liked Ireland's entry this year and thought it deserved to do better.

Can I also say some of the comments about Niamh's appearance are pretty nasty....it's supposed to be a song contest, not a beauty contest.

Yes it should be but the obvious reality is that its not. Just look at the last two winners and the markets that they would most likely be aimed at.

Niave to think a song alone could win it.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 FearComplex

CoDy1 wrote: »
    Medium rare?
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

She's not that big.

:eek::D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭M007

what did we give the girl from armenia because i'd give her one at least! Boom boom

• Closed Accounts Posts: 712 ✭✭✭arsenallegend

i bet the UK is regretting giving Eurovison the let the countries vote now i think its the second year they finished last:D

• Registered Users Posts: 28,476 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Agree with everything there, except the 'decent song' bit!
    Its a Kate Nash rip off, its like she modeled herself on her or something.. Very odd
    Yes, odd to Irish people as 'Kate Nash' is well known here but but not so well in other countries through Europe.

We really need to get a bit more poppy or a decent rock act.

Sick of ballads and flutes. Need to change how songs are put forward to national finals.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭DancingQueen:)

I just youtubed Tom Dice and he's amazing, really think he deserved it. Ah well we'll never here from any of them again until next year when Lena presents the award to the next winner!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Whats amazing is the fortitude of the Big 4, almost every year they get a handful of points (Germany being a shock exception this year) and yet they fork out millions to underwrite this farce.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭RonMexico

Stop making excuses. It has nothing to do with block voting. We sent an overweight mammy dressed like barney the dinosaur singing a dirge that was popular 20 years ago. Get real. This is a competition where the winner is a mix of youthful sex appeal, personality, novelty and a catchy pop tune. We didn't tick any of those boxes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭danois

i think we should send jedward next year with dustin as backing singer!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭robo

Jedward or Crystal Swing!!!

i bet the UK is regretting giving Eurovison the let the countries vote now i think its the second year they finished last:D

They really don't care about it though, finishing last is like winning it for them

• Registered Users Posts: 4,865 ✭✭✭10000maniacs

adamski8 wrote: »
    a whale dressed as barney's sister!
    A bit O.T.T?
    In fairness the song was Titanic without the chorus, and she didn't sing it particularly well, so naturally we did badly. We have to re-invent our strategy.
    If I ran RTE, I would pull out and save the money like Italy did. If we put in the best song ever written by the best singer ever, we still wouldn't get any votes from at least half the countries (mostly eastern bloc).
    Its the same for the UK. I hope they pull out too.

danois wrote: »
    i think we should send jedward next year with dustin as backing singer!!!
    Mmmm... why not i suppose

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,032 ✭✭✭DWCommuter

RonMexico wrote: »
    Stop making excuses. It has nothing to do with block voting. We sent an overweight mammy dressed like barney the dinosaur singing a dirge that was popular 20 years ago. Get real. This is a competition where the winner is a mix of youthful sex appeal, personality, novelty and a catchy pop tune. We didn't tick any of those boxes.

It didn't deserve to be 3rd last and your Barney and overweight joke is wearing thin.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,251 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

robo wrote: »
    Jedward or Crystal Swing!!!

Scary thing is, Crystal Swing would kinda fit the bill for this farce

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Fergus

adamski8 wrote: »
    Now how does that show we think any different than the rest of europe????

I wasn't talking about judgement of the songs.. just the general limited interaction with culture beyond the UK apart from very occasional things like the Eurovision. And, yes, I know that's a generalization.

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭M007

Agree

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 243 ✭✭Fits Morris

We now have two options as I see it after this disgrace.

i) pull out of the Eurovision Song Contest like Italy
    ii) pull out of the EU and elect an anti-immigrant party to punish the backward voting practices of these backward countries

I favour option ii) myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

Jedward in skinnies and sexy back-up dancers will get the whole place boppin' aight.

Still wtf'in about Serbia though. FFS! :pac:

OPENROAD wrote: »
    They really don't care about it though, finishing last is like winning it for them

you get the feeling from them they couldn't give two damns about it anymore don't you. Don't be surprised if they pull it from BBC1 and stick it on BBC4 or something

:eek::eek::eek:

A bit O.T.T?
    In fairness the song was Titanic without the chorus, and she didn't sing it particularly well, so naturally we did badly. We have to re-invent our strategy.
    If I ran RTE, I would pull out and save the money like Italy did. If we put in the best song ever written by the best singer ever, we still wouldn't get any votes from at least half the countries (mostly eastern bloc).
    Time for Ireland and UK to pull out, i agree.. What is the point of it really

• Registered Users Posts: 7,937 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

murpho999 wrote: »
    Yes, odd to Irish people as 'Kate Nash' is well known here but but not so well in other countries through Europe.

We really need to get a bit more poppy or a decent rock act.

Sick of ballads and flutes. Need to change how songs are put forward to national finals.

there was one euro-poppy one in the irish final (even though it was a rip off itself) but it was more or less laughed out of the place. even those 5 blonde stunners would've scored higher and that song was awful.

marty just had everyone by the nuts when saying to vote for niamh kavanagh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Basicly if you don't hit the "Amphetamined gay gang-bang with sequins" market you are dead in the water.

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭KrazeeEyezKilla

Thing is Ireland is so associated with ballads I can't see a Pop/Rock act doing much either. Someone mentioned doing a Trad type ballad with a good looking singer. It would be worth a try.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 243 ✭✭Fits Morris

A bit O.T.T?
    +1

• Advertisement

We now have two options as I see it after this disgrace.

i) pull out of the Eurovision Song Contest like Italy
    ii) pull out of the EU and elect an anti-immigrant party to punish the backward voting practices of these backward countries

I favour option ii) myself.

why did italy pull out for?

Advertisement