Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eurovision 2010.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭force eleven

Who cares about Sweden!

How many years has it been since Ireland was in the final!

Bertie was still in charge and Nama was an obscure Moldovan beer....:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 KingOfTheRoad

Am I the only one that thought she didn't perform as well as she could have? Don't get me wrong, I think she's a wonderful singer but she just didn't sing to her full potential, lets hope she's saving it for the final.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭force eleven

DaPoolRulz wrote: »
    I don't think so

They publish the actual order of results of the semi finals after the final on Saturday night. Apparently in semi final one,so I hear, the gap between 10th and 11th - i.e qualifying and missing out was just 3 points, the narrowest ever. Whoever that was - and I'm guessing Slovakia, will be pissed...

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

DKZ wrote: »
    Seriously? Belarus were awful! The song was dull and none of them could sing. The wings were pretty cool though, which is why they got through to be honest.

"And we like butterfliesssss, flying to the sunnnnnnnn
    The sun will......"

Tiz a catchy song, though I admit I'm the only one that likes it :L

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭greenie

Lol I can see it now...next year Johnny Logan will be representing!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭carlaboi

Go Niamh! We were trending on twitter worldwide after the song played so that cant be bad!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭ohthebaby

greenie wrote: »

If only!

<3 you Johnny!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

greenie wrote: »

Where is Johnny????

Wonder did he fly over to Oslo?!

ohthebaby wrote: »
    If only!

<3 you Johnny!

We'd have a brilliant chance...they all love Johnny;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 696 ✭✭✭coconut5

I rang my dad, and I was asking him was he thrilled Ireland went through, and he said it almost doesn't count cos Sweden didn't. :D

But yeah! We're in the final. Great stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭CorsetIsTight

Am I the only one that thought she didn't perform as well as she could have? Don't get me wrong, I think she's a wonderful singer but she just didn't sing to her full potential, lets hope she's saving it for the final.

I too thought that perhaps she was holding back and saving her voice for the final. We'll see on Saturday...:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,906 ✭✭✭SarahBM

i was watching online because I dont have a telly, and would you believe my internet decided to stop working the minute Niamh walked out!!!:mad:

but I am over the moon she got through. Ive had "Its For You" in my head all week. got goosebumps when I heard it on the radio this morning. I hope she kicks backside on sat night!
    Go Niamh!!! :D

I still cant believe belarus got through though, none of them could sing

amdublin wrote: »
    Where is Johnny????

Wonder did he fly over to Oslo?!

I'd be surprised if he wasn't there but Marty hasn't metioned him at all:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭Closed ac

The first time Sweden haven't been in the final in 34 years apparently! :eek:

Anyone think Niamh wasn't on top form tonight? Hope she's better on Saturday.. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭Caprica

I am glad Ireland got through but I do think Niamh can improve her performance for saturday night. Shocked for Sweden, I would have put it through.

On the whole I would think this was the weaker semi. Out of semi one, I really liked Belguim, Albania, Greece and Iceland, in the second I only really liked two Switzerland and Romania.

Not sure who will win, my favourite at this point is Iceland. Two of my favourites Switzerland and Slovakia didn't make it through, I wonder will they return next year?

A lot of people think she didnt do her best. I hope the 'saving her voice for the final' idea isn't true because that could've effed things up big time tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,906 ✭✭✭SarahBM

Caprica wrote: »
    I am glad Ireland got through but I do think Niamh can improve her performance for saturday night. Shocked for Sweden, I would have put it through.

On the whole I would think this was the weaker semi. Out of semi one, I really liked Belguim, Albania, Greece and Iceland, in the second I only really liked two Switzerland and Romania.

Not sure who will win, my favourite at this point is Iceland. Two of my favourites Switzerland and Slovakia didn't make it through, I wonder will they return next year?

I think she is saving herself for sat. Im sure she must have been a bit nervous too like. there is massive expectation because she won before.
    I think she could pull it off!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I bet RTE have ambiguous feelings about this "success", the last they need is see Ireland win this.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,978 ✭✭✭445279.ie

mike65 wrote: »
    I bet RTE have ambiguous feelings about this "success", the last they need is see Ireland win this.

Surely we could get NAMA to pay for it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,989 ✭✭✭Tim Robbins

Shocked Sweden didn't get in. Best song from both nights.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭Closed ac

Ireland will peform 10th on Saturday.

The favourites Azerbaijan are on first!

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭nuttlys

DKZ wrote: »
    Ireland will peform 10th on Saturday.

The favourites Azerbaijan are on first!

First is normally the worst spot so thats ok. Although I have to say the bookies were way off the mark tonight, Azerbaijan were 1/80 with paddypower to go through! fair enough they did, but there was no way the song or performance justified them odds.

I do think that Niamh has a great chance. RTE/the writers have specifically looked at this song type because its always appealed to the judges, which most people (included Mr. Power) seem to be forgetting are 50% of the vote.

Anyway Judges vote on a rehearsal tomorrow supposedly, so half the decision is made before even saturday night. So best of luck to Niamh tomorrow!

We have 3 things going for us on Saturday. A great song, a great voice and a great country. Dublin 2011 !

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Pot Noodle =

Romania were good liked the leathers catchy tune as well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 368 ✭✭ToasterSparks

That Swedish girl gave off a "smug be-atch" vibe. Didn't like her.

Fair play to Niamh. Can't beat entering a quality singer to achieve results.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I think the bookies are going to be proven right and it's going to be a fight between Azerbaijan and Germany.

I wouldn't mind Romania winning it. That song surprised me. 'You and me, can't you see, we're playing with fire...'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

We have 3 things going for us on Saturday. A great song, a great voice and a great country. Dublin 2011 !
    Ireland will declare bankruptcy and the show will be in Brussels instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Mammanabammana

I don't agree. She's a good singer but not a patch on what she was before. I think the song would probably have won the Irish contest with a different singer, so we didn't really need Niamh Kavanagh to sing it. And with respect to her, looking at all the amazing looking women up there tonight with great voices, Niamh's age and look are definitely against her. I think our choice of singer will go against us. I really think it wouldn't have been difficult to find a singer that could compete with all the other entries in terms of looks and voice and the playing field would now be much more level. Oh well, we can just wait and see.

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭nuttlys

I don't agree. She's a good singer but not a patch on what she was before. I think the song would probably have won the Irish contest with a different singer, so we didn't really need Niamh Kavanagh to sing it. And with respect to her, looking at all the amazing looking women up there tonight with great voices, Niamh's age and look are definitely against her. I think our choice of singer will go against us. I really think it wouldn't have been difficult to find a singer that could compete with all the other entries in terms of looks and voice and the playing field would now be much more level. Oh well, we can just wait and see.

To be fair she has had a throat infection for the past 2 weeks, listen to any of the other recordings of this song and you'll hear the difference. Her schedule in the run up to this show has been too demanding.

Other than that you are forgetting that millions of people who are watching this now will have watched Niamh back in 1993, and I honestly think that this is a huge plus.... a recognizable face is worth more than any amount of skin or t*ts. Plus if it wasn't that difficult why didn't someone else win back when the voting was on the late late?

• Advertisement

God forbid we have a bit of pride and optimism.. Niamhs a terrible singer, the country's broke, the song is ****e, we're doomed, whats the point when we're all going to die anyway.. satisfied? I'm sorry but it's miserable bastards like you that are holding this country back.

Advertisement