Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Labret piercing

• 25-05-2010 8:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭

Okay, got a labret piercing yesterday. seems to be alright, bit swollen.. but I looked on the inside of my lip today and well the skin looks to be growing over the back part. The hole is noticeably smaller and it looks like its sinking inside the lip.

I'm guessing this shouldn't be happening. And I should go back to the piercers? :confused:

I am however a bit worried about it, Incase it closes up over night. Considering how much it's grew within a day I would assume its possible that could happen.

Any feedback would be appreciated :pac:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭LD 50

This could just be an effect of the swelling. But yes, if you are in doubt go back to your piercer, or any piercer if you can't get to your preferred guy. If it's not the swelling the piercing could be rejecting.
    Have you tried holding an icecube to the inside of your lip and seeing if that helps the swelling go down a bit?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Its just your lip swelling, it happened to mine aswell. It had calmed down after 4-5 days, dont worry about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Am I Evil?

Thanks. Yeah I tried using ice to calm the swelling down. Seemed to help it a bit. Its the same today anyway so I'll just give it another few days and see how it is.

Advertisement