Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Technology Project 2010

Options
  • 25-05-2010 8:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

What did everybody make for this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Crow92

I made a stage that displays a play, and at a point in the play the audience is asked to vote for the next scene, in this case whether an army should attack a castle during the day or night. If the day is picked then a light lights up and sound plays, if the night is picked then a motor moves a moon into place and removes the sun and stay like that for 10 seconds until it resets again.

Easy enough project.

The porfolio is approx 60-65 pages, what about everyone else?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 mikey69

nice one mate, em i made a stage like the "britians got talent stage", youve two judges, if only one buzzes it means its 1-1 regarding votes, so it then goes to an audience member and they have the choice whether to vote yes or no. Mine was around 50 pages long, turned out really well overall, looked great and it had two circuits in it, one using a SPST switch the using DPDT switch

• Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭Ruski

I'm still in the process of making it. Barely anyone in my class is finished either part of the project.

My project is essentially a stage with an 8-key monophonic keyboard on it. There's also two switches which control a light display. So far my portfolio is about 25 pages.

• Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭stainluss

Ruski wrote: »
    I'm still in the process of making it. Barely anyone in my class is finished either part of the project.
    It's 1 month past deadline...
    You'd want to be careful, if your school gets inspected your all ****ed:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 GK_91

I made an MMA octagon. The audience can vote when to make the floor that the fighters are on move, once during each round for about 30 seconds. Portfolio is about 65 pages. Pretty happy with it overall.

Anyone got a pic of theirs?

Here's mine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

stainluss wrote: »
    You'd want to be careful, if your school gets inspected your all ****ed:p

They don't come around to check them until the 8th of June.

unknown13 wrote: »
    They don't come around to check them until the 8th of June.

I know what date they mark them. They sometimes check in schools before then to ensure deadlines are adhered to. This would apply to other subjects also, our teacher also does Woodwork and encountered it before.

If they didnt, no one would give a **** about the 31st of April or any other deadline..

I know what date they mark them. They sometimes check in schools before then to ensure deadlines are adhered to. This would apply to other subjects also, our teacher also does Woodwork and encountered it before.

If they didnt, no one would give a **** about the 31st of April or any other deadline..

If is an offical government document and they have to go on the dates they say. That is like saying they will start LC in 5 schools tomorrow just because they want to check what students know in those schools.

If is an offical government document and they have to go on the dates they say. That is like saying they will start LC in 5 schools tomorrow just because they want to check what students know in those schools.

They go in on random days to inspect (not to mark them), it is to ensure that projects are not given in late or brought outside of school. Our teacher told us that it has happened to his Woodwork projects and can also happen to Technology.

They go in on the official date to mark them, I know this, Im not disputing your official documents:rolleyes:

If they didnt carry out random inspections, closing dates would mean nothing..

Why would anyone care about the 30th of April? Why wouldnt we just keep working until the 8th of June if there was no risk of getting caught?

They go in on random days to inspect (not to mark them), it is to ensure that projects are not given in late or brought outside of school. Our teacher told us that it has happened to his Woodwork projects and can also happen to Technology.

They go in on the official date to mark them, I know this, Im not disputing your official documents:rolleyes:

If they didnt carry out random inspections, closing dates would mean nothing..

Why would anyone care about the 30th of April? Why wouldnt we just keep working until the 8th of June if there was no risk of getting caught?

Because the SEC / DOE don't expect alot of students to read the date sheets. Also don't use woodwork to strengthen your point because it is a completely different practical subject.

• Advertisement

Because the SEC / DOE don't expect alot of students to read the date sheets. Also don't use woodwork to strengthen your point because it is a completely different practical subject.

Woodwork is the same idea projects wise, same SEC. Our Technology teacher told us they said they can and will inspect either project, he didnt mention any past instances for Technology as its a new subject (but a few Woodwork ones) Im sure a few schools were done last year.

If students didnt read date sheets, we wouldnt be able to do our LC:rolleyes:I think they know that students can and will read all thats appropriate. On their website, this date is in the same file as the timetable for exams.

Woodwork is the same idea projects wise, same SEC. Our Technology teacher told us they said they can and will inspect either project, he didnt mention any past instances for Technology as its a new subject (but a few Woodwork ones) Im sure a few schools were done last year.
    Those two projects couldn't be any more different.

The idea of finishing an artefact and a folder by a certain date is the same.

I never said the nature of the artefacts themselves was the same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 GK_91

All subjects that require a project (e.g History, Technology, Woodwork, Geography) are liable to inspection before the marking date.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 mikey69

sorry are you handicapped or something? they can come in at any stage to check the projects, not mark them, just check them

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

FFS Handbags away folks.......

Advertisement