Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meteor Billpay (Smart) Lite

Options
  • 25-05-2010 8:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭

Don't know if this has already been discussed but Meteor are offered a pretty cool Billpay Lite deal exclusively online which has all the benefits of Billpay Lite but with a 1GB monthly data allowance as a free extra. See here

However, just a word of warning. I am currently a Meteor Pay as you Go customer and wished to switch to the above plan and retain my current number which I feel I should be entitled to do. However, it appears that the above plan is designed to cater solely for customers switching from competing networks and new customers as you cannot complete the online application and keep your existing number if you are a Meteor customer. I had called customer care and was told to check in-store as they should be able to provide a solution. No luck there. Called back customer service who said that there was no way around this without ordering a new Sim and new number. This was "policy" and was not open to change. :mad: I then asked if there would be any problem with me switching to another network and then moving back to Meteor to avail of this plan. Sales representative couldn't see a problem there.

So to cut a long story short, I've now switched to O2 for free for a few days and will hopefully be switching back to Meteor Billpay in a day or 2 even though I don't agree with nor can I see any sense behind Meteor's "policy" of excluding existing customers from the above plan.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭dave oc

Ive been looking to switch to this too, im in the same boat as you - currently payg meteor. Ive phoned them countless times hoping to get through to someone who could push it through, but no luck. Im considering doing the same, switch network and come back for the offer, but its crazy that I should have to do this.

Be careful with this though, on the site it says the offer is due to expire may 31st, so dont get caught out. Would be interested to hear how you get on, I always thought that when you switch network you needed to stay with them for a minimum period before you could port out? Maybe Im wrong?

Best of luck with it!

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭friendface

Dave6195 wrote: »
    Ive been looking to switch to this too, im in the same boat as you - currently payg meteor. Ive phoned them countless times hoping to get through to someone who could push it through, but no luck. Im considering doing the same, switch network and come back for the offer, but its crazy that I should have to do this.

Be careful with this though, on the site it says the offer is due to expire may 31st, so dont get caught out. Would be interested to hear how you get on, I always thought that when you switch network you needed to stay with them for a minimum period before you could port out? Maybe Im wrong?

Best of luck with it!

Wow, I hope that's not the case. Not a chance I'm staying with O2 any longer than I need to. I've emailed Meteor about the problem. Here's hoping they get back to me with some incentive to rejoin the network :pac: Not really too bothered though. It just really grinds my gears when I see this sort of stuff. It makes no sense that a company should penalise loyal customers while rewarding new ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Skidmcmarx

Just to let people know. I actually did switch from PAYG to this plan with a few persistent Phone calls and a nice Cust service rep.

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭friendface

Skidmcmarx wrote: »
    Just to let people know. I actually did switch from PAYG to this plan with a few persistent Phone calls and a nice Cust service rep.

I guess you got lucky there. I actually spent almost an hour in the Meteor store in Galway while one of the staff tried to sort it out over the phone with their tech support and customer service contact. No luck with them. And I made 3 calls to customer care myself. I guess it all depends on who you speak to though. Well done on getting it sorted though. As I say, I've emailed Meteor about the problem and will post their response (if they give one) here.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭KingMambo26

Does anybody think Meteor listens to what's being said about customer care in boards? I haven't used it but i hear the vodafone forum here is pretty good and the lads get back to you straight away. Just an observation

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 44 NKtile

Hi KingMambo,

I know for a fact that they see complaints about Meteor customer care on here, ( see my last thread where after 6 months trying to contact customer care after posting here , 12 hours later a Meteor representative contacted me on here. The power of going public.:cool:)

Not that I have my issue sorted yet......:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

I'm on the billpaylite plan already and had a few bonus little things put on by Meteor for an error on their part.

I might chance my arm to see if I can get this appended, as it would be the pivot in making me buy an iphone...

Advertisement