Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rude intimidating learner drivers!

• 25-05-2010 8:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭

I know I've posted here before about people being rude to learner drivers but it really takes the biscuit when it other learners!
    I went for a drive tonight. Everyone coming onto the main road was stuck as a learner stalled the car- cue beeping from the jeep behind her and the car behind him, full L plates and four young men hanging and shouting out the windows. When she got going they all started to roar/cheer at me for a while sitting there waiting to pull out. Anyone else might shrug it off but when I got out at my destination I was shaking with the nerves so I don't no how she felt!!!
    There are a few groups of lads near me who seem to drive around with L plates but a full car of boys and everytime I am near they hang out windows and laugh and shout (at me and everyone else). I know it might seem funny to them but they are very intimidating and distracting. My mam always is like just ignore them but they don't seem to realise many other learners are not as confident (cocky) as they are.

By the way I'm not trying to generalise- it just happens that everytime it has been a car full of young men (and has not been boy racers ;))

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,604 ✭✭✭veryangryman

You sound like you could use a laugh. Forward to 2.40

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8YIzoLkStDM

Seriously though, Your mum is right by the way. Ignore anyone who does that - weve all had to learn and have all received such crap. I tended to just give the finger if getting too much flack - end of the day what do you care what they think - they dont know you and you likely wont see them again so just think "Salut" and move on

Good luck with the learning :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,396 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

Just shrug it off. When it happens, make sure to take your time afterwards, not to piss them off, but because you might be flustered and you might cut out again etc.

I always tell myself, "If they are in a hurry, they should have left the house earlier!"

Advertisement